Sparkling eyes.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avdpas77

Reaction score
I was reading about "moon eye" over on another thread, and it got me to thinking (yes, sometimes it is a rare event :? ) I picked up a NZW/Flemish cross buck from a breeder in the area, brought him home,and have kept him in isolation for 3 weeks now. I looked him over really well before I bought him and found him in good shape. He's a friendly rabbit and seems healthy in every way. There was something about him, that was "different" and it took me a few days to realize what it was. All of my rabbits have bright "sparkling" eyes, but his are sort of dull. No haziness or lack of clarity, simply the surface is simply not as shiny as my others. I though maybe he was blind, but every way I check him he seems fine, and can recognize me from 20 yards away.

Question. Does anyone have any idea why his eyes might be "dull" Should I be concerned about some kind of health issue?

Would it show up in a picture? Maybe a side by side with one of your other rabbits for comparison. Did you worm him yet? I would as a precaution before he meets your other rabbits.

Was his previous diet different than what he's eating now? I know that a poor diet will cause the eyes to not be shiney. It also takes a while on a better diet before it clears up. Just thinking out loud....

Back