Register

Sorry folks, that Covid stuff - all my fault.

A place to vent about what's bugging you. Please keep it civil.
Site Supporter
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Austria
BunnyBucks: 4,414.00

Sorry folks, that Covid stuff - all my fault.

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Preitler » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:35 pm

Really, I hope those philosophers who say everyone lives in his own reality, defined by his perception, are right, and all you out there live your lives unencumbered by what Karma dealt out to me.

I had too much luck the last years. After 20 years dwaddling around, living on the brink of poverty, I left my natural habitat and got my first real job. Lots of luck, and help from a school friend involved. Soon was able to buy a house, the job is great. I wasn't destined for that.
And than I got decadent. I think the trigger was that I bought tickets for Wacken Open Air (just got cancelled), always wanted to see a music festival, but that was out of my league.

I think that was what called the Wicked Fairy to attend to my wishes. I did wish that I can use up more of my vacation days - about 60 had accumulated - wish granted. I worried about what to do with the money on my account, well - worries gone. Being a depressive introvert visiting my parents was kind of a chore - worry no more, can't do that now without putting them in danger. I really wanted to have time for a vegetable garden - wish granted. Working in the aviation business all those worries will be gone for a long time, thanks, fairy.
And so on.

Now Karma caught up. In a kinda fierce way - I can't even really complain, I don't have real problems, suffered no losses, my live didn't change much, apart from having more time, so I should be fine, everything shiny, isn't it? I did social distancing all my live anyway, and not having much to lose to start with helps. I'm really bad at remembering faces, really, I could talk to you all day and wouldn't recognize you on the street the next day, it took me years to connect some colleagues with names, well, another Wicked Fairy thing, don't have to worry about that now.

Sorry that I dragged the whole world into this. All my fault, I got out of the place destined for me. Its a neat solution to settle my Karma debt, I must admit, adding that feel of guilt is just the cherry on the cake.

Nahh, not seriously, but it actually feels somewhat like that :?

The following user would like to thank Preitler for this post
michaels4gardens

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 1,199.00

Re: Sorry folks, that Covid stuff - all my fault.

Post Number:#2  Unread postby kotapony » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:59 pm

I hope venting has made you feel a bit better. I’m sorry the weight of things seems a bit much to carry right now. I’m not good at comforting pep talks I’m afraid, but sending you positive and sympathetic vibes across the miles. :)
~Katie

The following user would like to thank kotapony for this post
michaels4gardens, Preitler

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 2,055.00

Re: Sorry folks, that Covid stuff - all my fault.

Post Number:#3  Unread postby hotzcatz » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:05 pm

If you are responsible for Covid, can you fix the weather, too?

Hmm, nope, skip that request. The weather ain't broken.
Hula Bunny Yarn from Hillside Farm Hawaii
http://www.hillsidefarmhawaii.com