Sophia is acting stranger than normal

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Normally this is one strange bunny. Lots of tossing of dishes around, Diva Style. Climbs UNDER her hay and tosses it up in the air. Digs frantically in her feed dish, like she's digging for gold or something.

She now is taking her black plastic tray, flipping it over, and sitting on it. Then she gets off the thing and moves it over to another corner, and climbs back up on it again. She's been doing this all evening. Makes a VERY distinctive sound, you see, so I know when to watch.

She may well be pregnant, I'm thinking. She's due Wednesday, and while she's not big and waddley like CB or FLB got, she's been laying over on one side, with a blank expression, just sort of panting. She doesn't seem to be in any distress, and it's not hot in her room (a bit muggy today, but not bad. ) But the expression is reminiscent of Mama-san and her "listening to the body" look she gets a few days before delivery.

Speaking of Mama-san..she is MOST unhappy with her diet! :evil: Banging her feed dish around, and flipping up the J-feeder. Ah well. All the timothy she can eat!

Sounds to me like Sophia is pregnant and playing it up for all it's worth! :) Mama-san's behaviour sounds more like temper tantrum. :D

Isn't it cool all the forms a bunny snit can take! :roll:

She's driving me NUTS! Is she? Isn't she? She's still going into trances, but there's no nesting behavior. She's not eating a lot of grains..but dives into the greens (on another note, she detests mulberry :roll: ) Yesterday she left her hay :eek: That just is NOT my Sophia!..but today, gobble gobble gobble .. and down goes the hay.

Gonna be a loooooooong week.

Yup... so you may as well just resign yourself to the fact that she is going to act weird for awhile. As long as she seems healthy and is eating something, I wouldn't worry. Maybe she's having food cravings! :D

Back