Some white dry skin?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I think it's dry skin? Can't see any tiny critters under a microscope at the ends of the folicles I pulled out. Just sort of flakey whiteness. It's on Peter, and he seems to be moulting. Am I about to have 15 naked rabbits and an insect infestation?

I'd go ahead and treat for mites, just in case. I'm not sure what you can do for dry skin in bunnies?

AprilW":194na4sq said:
I'd go ahead and treat for mites, just in case. I'm not sure what you can do for dry skin in bunnies?
not like I can rub aloe skin cream into his fur, eh? ;) A couple of the Angoras are showing signs of whatever it is...Peter got a good grooming, hoping to stimulate the oil cells in the skin. Humidifier in the room now.

mites....right. treatment is the ivermectin? I need to put DE back in the girls pen now, anyway (cleaned it out right down to the base yesterday). Mama I won't do because she's nursing (and looks fine), but the 3 bucks and the colony....sound about right?

I had a case of mites a while back, was told to treat with cat/kitten flea powder. Cleared the condition up quickly. Sprinkle on once, repeat after 12 days.

It was just a cat/kitten flea powder from the grocery store, I no longer have the product because this was from a while back. If I had to guess I would say Hartz, but I was told any product would be effective.

I personally would not use otc (over the counter) Hartz to kill fleas on anybody - have had too many bad experiences when working emerg clinic ...glad it worked for you though :)

Latest posts

Back