Sold the entire litter!! :D

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susie570

Reaction score
I wasn't really sure where to post this, but I just wanted to share my 'yay'!!

Of course, I may have to end up eating my words because Smokey hasn't been picked up yet, but someone is supposed to be on their way to get him.

This is a mixed breed litter of well-handled, very tame rabbits but I've been pleasantly surprised at actually being able to sell them (mostly at decent prices). Here's a breakdown of how the selling has gone.

Litter of 9 Mixed Breed rabbits, turned 8 weeks on 3/25/15

Sold 1 doe at $30 - 3/23/15
Sold 2 does at $30 each - 3/24/15
Sold 1 doe at $30 - 4/3/15
Sold 1 doe at $25 - 4/4/15
Sold 2 does for $25 ($12.50 each) - 5/4/15
(Pending) Sold 1 buck for $20 - 5/12/15

With the pair of does I sold very cheaply (good home and they offered to take both of them), the average sale cost was $23.75 per rabbit and it took a total of almost 2 months to sell the entire litter. That doesn't seem too bad to me :)

I've never raised rabbits for sale (although I have sold a few over the years for breeders or meat) but from what I have read of others' experiences, you've done very well indeed, Susie!

:congratulations:

Thanks!! :D

Yup, they just picked up Smokey!! I'm glad, I was afraid he wouldn't sell but he's such a sweet guy I was really hoping he would get a good home. :)

I've had quite a number of inquiries into the future litters as well.
I've been encouraging folks to just 'like' my Facebook page for updates, but I may start a waiting list for possible interested folks. :)

Oh wow, congrats!! :clap2:
My aunt sold her bunnies to Petco for $25 and I thought that was super cheap...but it turns out a lot of people sell 'em for that much. :lol:
:congratulations:

Well, I MIGHT have 3 (or possibly 4, but more likely 3) pregnant does right now, and they will all be due in about a month, Sooooo... we'll see how the experience goes of having considerably MORE bunnies to sell. :x :oops:

Back