Solar electric fencing?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone use a solar powered electric fence to guard the perimeter of their rabbitry? I am going to be reworking things with the hutches and shed that I have the rabbits housed in. I plan on running a few cattle panels (or something similar) around the perimeter with t-posts, and then maybe an electric fence line along the bottom to deter various critters (main concerns are stray dogs, raccoons, and opossums... but coyotes are moving in so I won't think it will be too much longer before they become an issue as well - the current fencing on the cow pasture is likely helping deter them... paired with DH's cousin's Great Pyr that walks the fence line at night).

Not the rabbitry but we have one on a 5 acre horse pasture that will make you wish you remembered to shut it off when mending the fence. :shock: With the small internal battery it stays running all night no problem. If you have a raccoon problem I'd run a hit wire around the top too. They're great climbers.

We have one around the west pasture to keep cows in. Works very well till the deer run through it. :evil: :p

Did read about someone on a chicken forum that had a similar set for their chickens. But "someone" kept shutting it off. A few game cameras later. Figured out it was raccoons.

So maybe put anyway to disable the fence inside the fence. :x :lol: :lol:

wamplercathy":3soldw2q said:
We have one around the west pasture to keep cows in. Works very well till the deer run through it. :evil: :p

Did read about someone on a chicken forum that had a similar set for their chickens. But "someone" kept shutting it off. A few game cameras later. Figured out it was raccoons.

So maybe put anyway to disable the fence inside the fence. :x :lol: :lol:

Seriously!?! I have seen pics/videos of them maneuvering latches, but turning the fence off? Little boogers!

Some can find the on/off switch and some just destroy the charging components. Some have even covered the solar panel in mud. :p The weird thing was they were so preoccupied with the fence they left the chickens alone. :p :lol: :lol:

Back