So... Who all felt the earthquake?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaggieJ

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
MidnightCoder came outdoors around 1:45 while I was gathering greens for the rabbits and said he thought there had been a tremor - the walls of our old house were shaking. And sure enough, he was right. The epicenter was just north of Ottawa and it measured 4.4 ot 5.5 depending on whose information you believe. I didn't feel anything outdoors, but likely would have thought it was just a passing truck anyway.

Who else felt the tremor?

I did. I'm off today due to slow work and I was sitting at my desk here at home and the desk started to tremble. I thought I was imagining it so I went to the window and the window sill was moving too. The air's hot and heavy, sky is dull and gloomy, not much of a breeze.... something's on the way....

Hey, Truckinguy, you do know about the thunderstorms, rain, possible hail and chance of tornadoes headed for Ontario, don't you? Better check your weather website! I imagine it would hit your area around 5 pm... supposed to start here by 7 pm.

Batten down the hatches!

(Of course, the weather people do like to hype any storm, so it may not be as bad as it sounds. :roll: )

Oh yeah. :shock: I was sitting on the couch, having just sold a bunny :D to some people, and heard a strange scritching noise. Looked around to see what the cats were up to, they're all lying quietly. Then things started to rattle and I could feel the couch moving. Yikes!

It was pretty cool. Just enough to make you think "WTF was that?" :D

It felt like someone tugged pretty hard on my chair about three times, and the walls up here were creaking. Aside from that it was pretty short/mild where we are.

Oh yeah... I was in the office which is directly across the 401 from Toronto airport.

So with all the G20 security hype, the first thing we all thought was--- bomb!!!

yup I felt it too - like MK thought - OMG - if that was a bomb my hubby and mum are both dead if I felt that up here ...

I also had a moment where I wondered if I was dozzy or if the ground was moving - LOL

I believe there is a fault running through Ontario, but we only get very occasional tremors. The last one I remember was about 15 years ago. I was working in a Toronto office at the time on the 11th floor... and I sure felt that one!

I've never heard of an earthquake up there, either.

We had one in Delaware, once. Scared me to death, and I called Shaygetz at work. They're so uncommon there, that his boss told him I was overreacting... it was probably just a bunch of neighborhood boys throwing balls at the house (we lived in a trailer). Uh... yeah. The antenna on the radio in our bedroom was whipping back and forth. Those sure were some powerful balls.

The news that night confirmed we had had tremors that day.

Back