So.......

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some areas are more aggressive about flagging pet sellers than others.

Rabbits are permitted to be sold as livestock, in the farm and garden section.

Rabbits advertised as "Easter Bunnies" probably do not count as livestock sales...

I see bunnies sold as meat rabbits in the pet section all the time. :lol: People seem more keen to flag cat and dog breeders here, it seems.

Depends how many flaggers versus pet breeders you have in your area. Also time of year makes a difference. For some reason the flaggers get more aggressive at times. Sometimes I can post rabbits to the pet section and sometimes I get flagged repeatedly.

Animal parts? I wonder if they consider meat to be "parts"? I've advertised rabbit meat before.

I've seen guns offered for sale or trade here, and there are always posts for "medical marijuana" which should be considered a prescription drug. I see dog stud service offered too.

Nyctra":cdbe8ak5 said:
I see bunnies sold as meat rabbits in the pet section all the time. :lol: People seem more keen to flag cat and dog breeders here, it seems.
akane":cdbe8ak5 said:
For some reason the flaggers get more aggressive at times.

Yeah that.

Sometimes my puppy ads get flagged repeatedly, despite the fact they leave other people alone. People who post pics of their pups eating AttaBoy out of trash can lids. :angry:

In your case MSD, it is the "competition" that is flagging you. They want their puppies to be bought, no matter how they are cared for, before yours.

Only on craigslist. I saw someone selling foodstamps once. Animal parts could be like rabbit feet, or bull sticks. I'm more concerned about the fire arms. :x

I flag the people that repeatedly have mixed pit/bulldog/other mastiff breed puppies here. They breed over and over and over and a "small rehoming fee" is close to $1K for puppies that don't have shots, are often less than 8 weeks old, etc. They're clearly breeding to try to make a profit not rehoming an accidental litter.

We did have someone emailing every ad over $50 with these supposedly official restrictions to what a small rehoming fee is. Finding nothing that specifies an amount in the craigslist rules I reported them to craigslist 3 times and they disappeared. I can see their point but I was not rehoming several $100 sugar gliders for $10. $50 is the minimum amount the rescues suggest listing them anyway to ensure a good home that can take care of them. Much the same with chinchillas. Unless it has a behavioral or health issue I do not go lower than $50 and in the other cases I am very careful who they go with. I don't list them on places like CL.

I don't think it's an issue of price if the animal was vetted etc. I saw someone post an accidental litter and ask $300 per puppy, up to date on all shots, health certificate, a week's worth of food... no issues with that. $1000 every couple months from one dog or another, "rare pit/mastiff", 6 weeks old, no shots, etc. Yeah, I don't think so.

I'm not saying all the $1000 dogs are to cover costs or make sure they go to a good home. I was only pointing out someone was going around trying to put a number on the rehoming fee without considering the circumstances.

akane":zpbgvpea said:
I'm not saying all the $1000 dogs are to cover costs or make sure they go to a good home. I was only pointing out someone was going around trying to put a number on the rehoming fee without considering the circumstances.

Yeah it's hard to put a price on some. I'd have no clue what it costs to raise a chinchilla or guinea pig to 8 weeks. You see pets at animal shelters that are $200, $300, $400... and it's the cost of vet bills spaying and neutering, food, etc. I don't think you can really say anything over $50 is unreasonable, but some costs are obviously out of line. $1000 mutts that haven't even seen a vet is out of line. On the other hand, someone listed an African Grey for $800 including the cage and got reported. That's crazy considering the cage was probably $700 if not more.

Latest posts

Back