So, can I get some advice?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaye

Reaction score
My 4 year old Silver fox Doe has not been bred for awhile; she only had two litters in her life, the first was two healthy kits and the second was 8 healthy kits. She's never had any problems aside from the not getting bred recently, but this time is different, she made a nest and even pulled fur :shock: Only thing is, she isn't due until the 19th, nearly two weeks away! :? So, what I'm wondering is if she hasn't had babies in forever. Would she pull fur and make a nest earlier than normal?
She normally makes a nest, takes it all apart. Makes another nest, tears that one apart, then finally she makes a nest, pulls fur and has the babies :evil: Before she would even go 6 days late! Very stressful for a first time rabbit breeder.
But back OT, what should I do? Wait to put the nest box in or put it in?

Neither of mine pulled fur until the day of. That's how I knew my white doe was pregnant *We thought she was a he and then I found out he was actually a she then she pulled fur and had 5 or 6? But I had one pull way early once and it was a false pregnancy.. No babies came..

In my experience this would indicate a false pregnancy, but you never really know for sure until you wait it out....

Had a doe start building a nest at 14 days last year with no babies. Did the same thing this year! On day 15 so thinking I've got this ol girl figured out I placed her back with my buck. She wanted nothing to do with him had her litter on day 31. She did have a few months off over winter quess she was just anxious :D. What lesson did I learn (my rabbit is crazy) :lol:

Back