Snakes got to love them. Or not.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wamplercathy

Reaction score
I have not hidden my love for snakes. Yesterday my brother and his boyfriend (David) were over and David jump 3 feet in the air when he saw Bob's shed skin. I knew Bob was out there all day wiggling out of it and keep everyone out of the backyard and was rewarded with a fully intact skin.

Here's a picture of David (5'4'') laying beside the skin. :twisted:
013 (500x375).jpg

It stuck above him by 3"-5". I can't wait till I find Sally's skin. She's twice this size. :p :lol: :lol:

Cool!!! I love snakes too.

We don't have as large of snakes here in PA. I keep hoping for a ratsnake to take up residence.

Until then, I do my best to rescue our little ringnecks and shorthead garters from the neighborhood cats.

Zass":3ctokesx said:
Cool!!! I love snakes too.

We don't have as large of snakes here in PA. I keep hoping for a ratsnake to take up residence.

Until then, I do my best to rescue our little ringnecks and shorthead garters from the neighborhood cats.

Just make sure you put wire up on your rabbitry they wont fit through, I caught a yellow rat trying to wiggle through cage bars to get to 10 day old kits.... puts "baby saver wire" into a new perspective for me.

Found a baby black snake in Tartar's j-feeder a few days ago. But the vicious rabbit killed it :x .

The snakes getting in the rabbitry is my biggest concern. But have not had any problems. *knocks on wood*

I found one around the hutches one evening, grabbed it's tail and tossed it out in the woods. Found it a couple hours later with just a foot of tail sticking out of the coop where I had week old chicks :evil: . Thankfully it didn't get any...

I had a wild rat snake "pet" :lol: It was about 6' and liked to sit on my driveway in the morning. I had to move it out from behind my truck a couple times a week all spring and fall with a little less often in summer. I think it got rather used to the handling. I had my "move giant snake off driveway" stick leaning up against the nearby tree. I will kill anything poisonous but Iowa is low in poisonous critters and snakes are too useful to kill over small livestock. I would rather put better protection on my small livestock. My chicken coop had the windows covered by those shelving panels often used for guinea pig or rabbit cages and then fine hardware cloth over that. My herb garden with permanent guinea pig occupants was chainlink outside and set 4" in a 1"x1/2" wire on the inside. Sometimes I'd take my materials down in size all the way to screen door or window mesh. Just layer them on until everything big and small can't get in.

Back