Smokey and the Bandit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Dutchess

Reaction score
I posted on RT that I got a Jersey Wooly buck. Well Bandit, the Mini Lop, has been acting lonely lately, and whenever I open the cage (it opens at the top) he always jumps over the 2 foot divider just to get to his next door neighbor, who is a baby polish buck. He just snuggles with him, and the baby snuggled up under Bandit's floppy ears. But I was afraid he was going to hurt the baby, so I tried to keep them apart. Somehow, Bandit found a way to jump over the divider when the cage is closed. Finally, though, he gave up trying to be buddies. When I got the Jersey Wooly, I moved the baby Polish to a different cage, and put the Wooly buck next to Bandit. Last night, Smokey, the Jersey Wooly, was in Bandit's cage snuggling. Neither of them had any battle wounds or acted wary of each other. This morning, they were together again, and Smokey had obviously figured out how to jump over when the cage was closed. I went back to get hay from the garage and 5 minutes later Smokey had jumped over again. Anyway, they keep finding away to get to each other. Do you think this is a problem? I just don't want them to get hurt. What would you do?

Latest posts

Back