Smoked Rabbit?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I've been getting ready to do some venison sausage in a smoker...and probably some pork pieces. Got to thinking about the rabbit. Has anyone here ever done or tasted smoked rabbit? If so...opinions on it? and maybe an idea or two about best rub/solution/type?

most of the sites say only 4 hours for a 3-4lb carcass. nice. I was thinking of 2 ways..hang up the whole carcass and smoke (after brining) and the other is the sections. (god...rabbit bacon..:lol: ) Could do sections on the grill, actually...there's a shelf thing on our grill. I could put bunny on the shelf, pan of woodchips ontop of an electric coil down on the bottom section.

I'm REALLY like that one recipe that says you can marinate overnight in dry Red Wine :D that's my kind of recipe!!

well neighbor offered to smoke a rabbit for us, so hubby provided one, and they did it in apple juice soaked apple wood. it was really good. had some friends from ga stop by and they thought it delicious also. was not marinated or aged, butchered and in the smoker within an hour

Back