Smoke Pearl, Sable, Sable Point, REW

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill123

Reaction score
I recently had my first smoke pearl x REW mini rex litter and Sable x REW mini rex litter.. First of all, I couldn't believe the size. My smoke pearl doe kindled 9 and my sable kindled 10!! It looks like 2 REW and 6 smoke pearl (lost the runt) out of my smoke pearl, and 2 smoke pearl and 8 REW out of my sable.

I've been told that sable points look white until they are a couple weeks old and can be mistaken for REW. Has anyone else found that to be true. They look like REW to me! I can't seem to attach a picture...

I've not heard of smoke pearls (AKA blue sable) being white but I often get sable points and blue sable points which are quite light and darken with age

I really wish I could post a photo, but it keeps saying the file size is too big for some reason.

The smoke pearls are grey and easily identifiable. It's the sable points I'm wondering about. Are they all white like REWS? When do you first notice colour? Mine are a week old and still all white. I suspect they are rews, but I'm hoping that's not the case

Latest posts

Back