• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rabbit Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Silver Marten Rabbits For Sale in North Louisiana

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver Star Rabbitry

Reaction score
I currently have 4 Silver Martens for sale. 1 black buck and 3 black does. They can all be shown, except for Anne because she is solid colored, but I think that they would do best as brood stock. They are all out of my buck who has won 1 Best in Show, 3 Best of Breeds and 2 Best Opposite Sex and Streak is out of my doe who has won 2 Best of Breeds. I am hoping to get new pictures of them this week.

Silver Star's Streak - 3 month old black buck - $35

Silver Star's Sarah - 3 month old black doe - $45

Silver Star's Calli - 3 month old black doe- $45

Silver Star's Anne - 3 month old solid black doe - $30

I would consider trading for blue, chocolate and sable Silver Martens.

Emily

OOOOOOooooo. If we hadn't promised Bunny-Wan Kenobi that he could choose a doe to keep from Pearl's next litter, this would be tempting, since Shay's job has him visiting North Louisiana regularly.

He badly wants a broken chestnut, though, so I don't think a Silver Marten has a chance. :lol:

LOL!

Emily<br /><br />__________ Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:01 pm __________<br /><br />I have seen a few really pretty chestnuts, so I can't really blame him. :)
What breed is Pearl?

Emily

All we know is she's a Flemish giant cross. With what, we don't know. She was sold to the lady we bought her from as a pure Flemish, but she realized over time that Pearl had to be a cross. (Needless to say, she's not dealing with that breeder any more!)

Her fur is nice and plush, so it has been hypothesized that she was crossed with a Rex. There's really no way of knowing, though. Since we're raising for meat, it wasn't too much of a concern to us, as long as she got to a good size. She did top out a bit smaller than expected, but her kits still managed to get up near 5 lbs, in spite of the buck we have being a Minilop (he was a rescue, so no idea if he's pure bred either). The lady I bought her from expected her to reach 9 lbs, but she had barely made it over 6 last time I weighed her. Now, that was before I bred her, so she may weigh more now.

She is white with black eyes and smut spots in a pattern that make her look like a broken:
image.php

This is Thumper, our chestnut buck (I need a better pic):
image.php

And this is Pinto, the broken chestnut bunny from Pearl's litter that Bunny-Wan Kenobi wanted to keep. Unfortunately, Pinto turned out to be a boy, so we hope there will be one just like him in the next litter, this time in girl form:
0623001005a.jpg

We promised Bunny-Wan that we wouldn't eat Pinto, that we'd find him a home, since this is their first litter. We'll excuse the getting overly attached thing the first time. ;) Next time... no names, no getting attached! Not until we know girls from boys! :lol: Ilovebunnies was lucky -- her favorite turned out to be a girl, and we're keeping her. She started out chestnut, and slowly lost her color. Now she's chinchilla with just a hint of tan if you look really hard. Her name is Squeak, and she earned it early:

0621001119b.jpg

Latest posts

Back