silly question...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessykah

Reaction score
Someone is buying a baby mini rex from me... I don't have papers for my rabbits, or their parents or grandparents. But she wants to have papers for the one she gets from me. Is it possible to still get papers for it?

Do your rabbits have Ear Tattoos?
Get in touch with the breeder you purchased from.
See if He/She can produce pedigrees for you.
This may cost you a small fee, as most rabbits sold
without a pedigree are intended to be Pets and NOT Breeding stock.
Best of luck with your process.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

They do not have tattoos, and the breeders I got them from are backyard pet breeders and do not carry papered rabbits either.

You can 'start' a pedigree for this buyer--
First- tattoo the kit, and your adults.

Then- Start your pedigree-- Kit's tat number and information where it belongs--
your adults,( it's parents), and their tat numbers in the proper place.
Then, for the kit's grandparents-- Use something like "sellers blue buck and Sellers REW doe .Make this information as accurate as you can---

granted-- not the 'best' pedigree-- but does provide as much information as you can muster up without lying. A pedigree is a record of breeding/lineage-- every animal has a'pedigree'' the only things are-- 1)- is it KNOWN? and 2) is it accurate?

all you can do is give her the information that you have.

Aka.. her name, her parents names, and if you know them.. their parents names.

That's all I do when I sell kits form my doe without a pedigree. Put down the kit's info and the parents although mine also have the sire's side pedigreed. Names, colors, weights if you have a scale, tattoo numbers if they have them... for whatever rabbits you do have.

Thanks all...
Here is a pedigree I made for her... I just have to weigh the rabbits, and it will be finished.
I hope it shows up here so you can see it...

Attachments

• Oreo.odg
    33.4 KB · Views: 92
  • Oreo.odg
    33.4 KB · Views: 104
Back