Show Quality Mini Lop

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to showing and I breed mini lops, and I was wondering what do the judges really look for in the mini lop breed? And what thing really matters the most to the judges and is worth the most points. And also what is really not a big deal when showing mini lops?

I suggest purchasing a standard of perfection from the ARBA. It lists out the point schedule for mini lops.

Type if worth the most by far (about 80 points of 100), and within type, body is worth a bit more than half of that - they look for a round, firm body, as round as a basketball. Head, ears & crown are worth a bit less than half of type - they look for a broad, masculine head with thick ears that sit on the side of the head (forming a horseshoe shape with the ears and crown) and a thick, deep crown that isn't placed too far back on the head. Bone gets the rest of the points in type - while its only 5 points, the bone of the rabbit influences the overall body type so its more important than 5 points.

Judges look almost exclusively on type, but the other sections in the point schedule are 5 points on color (different for each color), 10 on fur (supposed to be thick, even and rollback) and 5 on condition.

Back