Show Quality in Silver Fox

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
What qualifies a Silver Fox as show quality? As in, do they need a pedigree? Do they have to be a certain weight, height and the such? (I'm wondering because I'm curious as to whether or not mine are, they look to me like they would be but then again what qualifies as show quality?) I can try to weigh them if I can find a scale (Wish me luck with that) I have a ruler to measure the fur density also... I know that their fur pattern and colors are show quality *Except the Chocolate and Blues, who still aren't I think?*

Yeah, it's not so easy finding info on them... <br /><br /> __________ October 31st, 2016, 2:10 pm __________ <br /><br /> On an interesting side note, I was scrolling through the first site and found this--->> The breed is not recognized in other countries, although in Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom there is a breed called Silver Fox, which is actually the same rabbit breed as the Silver Marten in America.--- Thought it was pretty interesting

The bucks need to be from 9-11 lbs, the does from 10-12. They need a generally commercial body (you won't usually find perfection here, but I wouldn't consider a rabbit with low shoulders, like a mandolin type, show quality). You want a long, thick coat, about 1 1/2 inches - if the coat flies back when stroked from rump to head the rabbit isn't show quality. Also, only solid black silver fox (with ticking) are accepted - no blues, chocolates, lilacs or whites, and anything with white spots, white nails or an eye color other than brown isn't show quality. If a rabbit didn't have a pedigree, it would have to be excellent type and have a good reason to be missing a pedigree (like, the breeder lost it or something, not just that nobody kept records) for me to personally consider it show quality, but pedigree doesn't matter on the show table.

Latest posts

Back