Should I buy her?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zinnia

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Giant Angora doe. What do you think of body type. The wool is there... I mean, do you SEE that wool?? :p Not sure if you can see body type through it all, which is why I need your opinions. Too far away for me to touch and squeeze her, so I have to make my decision on photos alone - gulp.

No

Unlike the other 3 angoras, Germans (from which Giants were developed) don't moult, they need to be sheared/shaved, and since you should not cross moulter a with non, you'll have nothing to breed her to :cheesysmile:

Sorry, no help on evaluating type from me on a fluffy bunny. I think you really need to get your hands on them.

She sure is foofy, though! :p

I think she's like 8 hours away. :(

Come on guys. Take a stab at that body type for me. Where's skysthelimit? How do you tag people here? Can you?

Zinnia":11eynjwj said:
Where's skysthelimit? How do you tag people here? Can you?

You can't tag, but you can send PMs.

Click on "new messages" (to the right, 3 tabs under "Board Index") then click on Compose Message, enter her name, hit ADD, and then write your message.

Or find one of her posts and click on her name and then go for the PM option.

Zinnia":2aex42q5 said:
I have a very nice Giant buck. :clover: :)
:twisted: well I tried to prevent you from catching "raging rabbitosis" but to no avail, you've got it bad :laugh:

I agree that trying to judge conformation on a foof ball from pictures is impossible but will say her hips look a bit pinched - note the "V" shape her feet take in the belly picture :shrug:

Thanks for attempting to save me, Dood. But yes, you are too late. I am far, far gone. :lol: Now my Giant buck is looking for a suitable lady. :mrgreen:

I was afraid I might be seeing her HQ as a bit pinched, too. :( Not terribly so, but enough to know I would be culling for it in her litters. I am dealing with way too many pinched HQ here as it is. I may need to see more photos at least.

i was thinking the shoulder looked a little low, if the seller could get a level side picture.

i have more questions to ask, I'll be back this evening.

Crazy how you can tell that from the photo! But, yes. That is about the only thing I am certain of, as the breeder did say she was low in the shoulder. It's just the HQ I worry about. I can't see them well enough in the photo to know if they are OK. I asked for another photo, so I think I will have more to go on soon. My buck is very nice, so I could deal with a doe that wasn't great, but I don't want get something that needs too much work...

Don't know what your transportation system is, but if she's not too spendy you could always buy her and look her over yourself and if you don't like her you could just resell her. :)

She's adorable!
clover_by_mintyy-d5pd8v5.gif
:) But from what everyone else's saying, I don't know :( ... But hoping for the best! I've (quite obviously) got no experience with floofy breeds like angoras so no help from me. :roll:
good_luck_by_lunarbluewolf.gif
Hope it goes well, tho!

If it were me, and I had reserve/ questions that would seriously affect the breeding value of a doe, I would hope someone would talk me off the ledge LOL
If you are uncertain, I would wait to find one you are sure of...
Well, that is what i would say to do... whether *I* would do it, well....

looks pinched to me.

I agree. if you are uncertain, pass.

If this is just a good wooler, ok. If it's inexpensive, ok.

If you have the slightest plans to show or breed to sell for show, and you can go somewhere else, and afford something else, no.

you want to see this

:p That's a NICE rabbit , skysthelimit!

I appreciate your advice. I am due to get a Giant doe in fall, but I admit, I'm being impatient wanting another sooner.

If this doe looks pinched to you, I am going to put more rabbit on the menu from my own stock. I'm just learning to see it.

Latest posts

Back