Should I Be Worried?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyAuntie

Reaction score
My 3 yr old bun Roo started yesterday to hold up his right front paw. There's no other signs of injury. No sores, blood or swelling. He'll put weight on it, maybe limping a tiny bit but not sure as it's not really obvious. I let him out in his run today and he hopped around but didn't dig at all, which he's always done (he's well suppervised with no chance of escape). Everything else is fine, eating, drinking, pooping, and his mood is fine.
Does anyone have any idea what this might be? Should I get him right to a vet or take a wait and see approach?
TIA

Its possible he strained it, or has injured it through vigorous digging or similar activity. If there's no swelling or abscesses I think you are relatively safe doing a watch and see approach. If it seems to be getting worse, or tenderness appears in other parts of the body, maybe a vet visit wouldn't be a bad idea.

SixGun has given you good advice. :)

One thing I do suggest is that you handle the sore foot, checking between the toes and so forth to make sure there isn't a splinter or something similar causing the problem.

(My partner limped around here for a full day before he let me look at his sore foot. He had a staple stuck into the callous on his heel. No wonder it hurt! :roll: )

Latest posts

Back