Register

Should I Be Worried?

Diagnosing and treating rabbit ailments. *Caution! These threads may contain graphic content.*
1 year of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 299.00

Should I Be Worried?

Post Number:#1  Unread postby BunnyAuntie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:35 am

My 3 yr old bun Roo started yesterday to hold up his right front paw. There's no other signs of injury. No sores, blood or swelling. He'll put weight on it, maybe limping a tiny bit but not sure as it's not really obvious. I let him out in his run today and he hopped around but didn't dig at all, which he's always done (he's well suppervised with no chance of escape). Everything else is fine, eating, drinking, pooping, and his mood is fine.
Does anyone have any idea what this might be? Should I get him right to a vet or take a wait and see approach?
TIA

Site Supporter
2 years of membership2 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 2,551.00

Re: Should I Be Worried?

Post Number:#2  Unread postby SixGun » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:35 pm

Its possible he strained it, or has injured it through vigorous digging or similar activity. If there's no swelling or abscesses I think you are relatively safe doing a watch and see approach. If it seems to be getting worse, or tenderness appears in other parts of the body, maybe a vet visit wouldn't be a bad idea.

Site Admin
9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 60,783.00

Re: Should I Be Worried?

Post Number:#3  Unread postby MaggieJ » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:28 pm

SixGun has given you good advice. :)

One thing I do suggest is that you handle the sore foot, checking between the toes and so forth to make sure there isn't a splinter or something similar causing the problem.

(My partner limped around here for a full day before he let me look at his sore foot. He had a staple stuck into the callous on his heel. No wonder it hurt! :roll: )
Sojourning in 1894 . . .