She Bit Me!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alch0my

Reaction score
My blue otter doe bit me while trying to pick her up out of her cage. I was surprised ...she doesn't like being held but this is the first time she bit me. She's usually a sweet rabbit. She lowers her head for head rubs and seems happy to see me when I come in the room. Right now she is laying by me. She is due to have kits in a week. Im pretty sure she is pregnant. Could that have something to do with it?

Yes, hormones will cause it and being put with a buck can also make them angry for awhile after.

Yes. Pregnant females of all species can become extremely vicious. If you think she's 3+ weeks into her pregnancy, be careful how you pick her up. The biting could have been more a result of how uncomfortable the position was than true aggression.

alch0my":3f97k6m5 said:
My blue otter doe bit me while trying to pick her up out of her cage. I was surprised ...she doesn't like being held but this is the first time she bit me. She's usually a sweet rabbit. She lowers her head for head rubs and seems happy to see me when I come in the room. Right now she is laying by me. She is due to have kits in a week. Im pretty sure she is pregnant. Could that have something to do with it?

Lola about took Terry Fender's hand off at the Kentucky Cup this year when he tried to take her out of her holding pen on the table. She was about 2 weeks along when it happened. Only time she ever bit anybody, and it was a doozie!!!

Latest posts

Back