Sharing my experience today....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macksmom98

Reaction score
Our local tractor supply agreed to allow us to sell and trade small
animals and livestock in the parking lot today! We parked at the end of the lot and had chickens/chicks, kittens, puppies, and rabbits show up.
I brought 7 of our Holland Lop 8 week olds, and came home with 4.
Made $150 in 3 hours, and meet some cool people! It was a very positive experience and I look forward to doing it again sometime:). Now off to the first meeting of our new rabbit club, at the local Dairy Queen!

Sounds like fun! Our TSC has monthly critter swaps, but we don't get a ton of people. Our local flea market, on the other hand, has been packed. In our last two visits, we have sold 15 of 16 rabbits, and 8 chickens.

Meeting new people and talking rabbits is a blast. I hand out business cards for the rabbitry and have gotten a lot of calls about upcoming litters. We are currently helping a young family new to our area get set up with raising meat rabbits. The mom and dad and their six children came out to our place and spent the afternoon. Great people and very interested in providing good food for their family.

Dairy Queen?? Rabbits AND ice cream?? Sweet (no pun intended).

I know right?!!!! It was a very fun day! The nice thing about Tractor Supply is that we did not need to pay to set up and sell there, so the overhead cost was $0. The new rabbit club forming is really exciting. So far, the closest shows to our area in Corpus Christi, TX has been Austin, with many being 4 hours away or more. I have a 10 year old who is getting into 4-H for the first year, and would love for her to get some experience with showing and learning.

This group wants to do local shows occasionally, grooming clinics, and just basically seems very helpful! You are right Mariana, talking rabbits is so fun! I am really encouraged that this is getting started close to home for us, and that there are breeders dedicated to sharing information with those who need to be taught. In the dog breeding world, you will find a lot of cliquish behavior, or people unwilling to share because they either don't want the competition or think they are the only ones who can do a certain breed justice. I think there are reasons its like that, but I really appreciate the acceptance and knowledge the rabbit community promotes!

Need to be careful, if it isn't on a swap day the one near me, the county says you have to have a business license AND a county permit to sell as you are a flea market seller then.

Great you had fun though :) Hope things continue to go well.

So far so good.....I guess if that ever comes up we will ask for forgiveness and then do something else or obtain what we need to keep it going. Good point, so far not a problem. The businesses have been really welcoming, and it seems to be beneficial to them and help their sales, and the community as a whole. We will see what transpires and if it continues to be a success!

Latest posts

Back