Sexing Rabbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peach

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm expecting my first popples this weekend :p Is there any way to sex before 4 weeks? I can usually tell around that time, but I wanted to know it is possible to sex them earlier.

I was looking at Poppy's 9 day old kits yesterday, and I think it is possible. It looks like the boys have a round hole in their penis (it doesn't "pop out" though), while the girls have a slit going toward their anus. It is hard to see because they are so small.

I can sex my small guys by 7 days and my big guys at 5 days. However my past few litters I've somehow managed to sex them the day they were born just by looking at the shape of their head and so far I've been correct on all accounts.

Bravo, Sistah! From now on I am going to sex my kits with a camera!!! Easier to see when enlarged.

It does seem to me know that the two litters I'm looking at, some of the kits have bigger, rounder faces (heads), and some have more smaller oval type faces. Seems like the smaller faces are girls.

DevonW":6f14o2we said:
I can sex my small guys by 7 days and my big guys at 5 days. However my past few litters I've somehow managed to sex them the day they were born just by looking at the shape of their head and so far I've been correct on all accounts.

That works on some breeds. Rexes almost all have square heads though.

Back