Seed Options

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenniferm

Reaction score
I just recently got a Flemish Giant. I am looking into planting seeds for him. I also do this for my tortoise. I found this:

[*]https://www.seedsnow.com/products/all-in-one-bunny-garden-variety-pack[*]

Does this seem good?

We are brand new to rabbits. Are all beets good for them? We are debating mangel beet along with sugar beet. Are all corn stalks good also? I have 5 varieties I could plant from an early sweet to a very long season black corn. Wondering which would be better if any difference for fodder? As to sunchoke, what parts are good for the rabbit? The while plant and root or just the above ground parts

All parts of the sun choke are good rabbit feed. We also feed turnips and sweet potato, tops and roots. We gather lots of our natural feed from what is already growing wild--bramble berries, willow, chicory, dandelion, etc. You haven't shown your location--what you'll find growing wild depends on where you are

Olepapablue":2aiq7iwd said:
We are brand new to rabbits. Are all beets good for them? We are debating mangel beet along with sugar beet. Are all corn stalks good also? I have 5 varieties I could plant from an early sweet to a very long season black corn. Wondering which would be better if any difference for fodder? As to sunchoke, what parts are good for the rabbit? The while plant and root or just the above ground parts

to me, corn stalks, are corn stalks-- I feed them green, until they are dry, then I harvest and store the dry corn stalks for winter feed. In my estimation,[because i grow my feed] the greatest value of cornstalks, is long stem fiber. The other nutritional values are less important. For me, ..Rabbits seem to eat sugar beet, more readily than regular beets, or stock beets. Likely because, i use them as the "prime source" of calories [energy] in their diet. Other beets contain much less energy . I have fed "stock beets" in the past, with good success.. but not as good as "sugar beets" ..

Latest posts

Back