SCF has visited my chickens!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonkitten

Reaction score
I posted somewhere else about how one of my three Golden Laced Wyandotte pullets has turned out to be a cockeral. Well, I'm fairly certain that one of only TWO Partridge Chantecler pullets is also a cockeral. He's got the long, narrow saddle feathers that the Wyandotte fellow has rather than the nice round, blunt feathers of the girls.

Sigh. So at least 2 of 9 pullets are actually cockerals :weep: which I can't keep (too noisy when I'm not supposed to have chickens anyway). I THINK the Cuckoo Marans are all girls (fingers crossed)!

Someone else take the Sex Change Fairy :wizard: --- PLEASE!!!

Booohisssss....

I could have used the SCF a couple of weeks ago. ... although she may well have visited earlier, now that I think of it. I was CERTAIN that I had 2 bluetort boys and 3 girls..so when a customer wanted one of the boys I went through all 5 and they were ALL girls. I checked the blacks and there were 3 boys..pretty obvious nice little "donuts" peeking out at me. Went back to the blue torts and all tacos! :shrug:

It must be something in the air, tho. I supposedly have 5 blue marans pullets. one of them has a LOVELY comb and crowed the other day. :(

You can send the SCF here, too... Pearl is (hopefully) expecting in the next couple of days... :razz:

I have only one condition: if there's another broken chestnut, it needs to end up a doe. For Bunny-Wan Kenobi's sake. :lol:

Latest posts

Back