• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rabbit Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sales Contract

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macksmom98

Reaction score
So I am putting together a sales contract, and read Beccas a while back getting some good ideas. One thing I have to do differently, is I don't have much extra space so I cannot really offer the promise of taking back any unwanted rabbit, unless they check with me and I do happen to have the space at that time. What else do you all include? I want reserve the right to refuse sale to anyone for no reason at any time, and also a 48 hour health guarantee where they could return the body within 48 hours of purchase should it perish. Any feedback is appreciated!

Not selling to someone really wouldn't go in a contract you enter into when selling something, so maybe put up a Sign saying that at your rabbitry.

I don't do sales contracts, so I'm not much help with ideas, but I'd be happy to look over what you come up with from a legal standpoint.

Well that's true. I guess I just didn't know where else to put it, and I have a closed rabbitry. Maybe ill add it to my fb page.... So here is what I have so far;

South Texas Holland Lops Sale Agreement

We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy your new bunny!

1) Gender is never a 100% guarantee. We will do our best to sex babies and be as accurate as possible. If you do happen to get an undesired sex of bunny, you may contact us for an exchange. We will offer an exchange if we have stock available.

2) We offer a 48 hour Health Guarantee. We do our best to maintain excellent health in our rabbitry. Should you have a bunny perish within 48 hours of your purchase, you may return the body for a full refund.

3) Once the sale is final, we are not responsible for ongoing health or anything pertaining to the bunny. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have or share our own experiences. Feel free to stay in touch-we encourage it!

4) Returns/refunds will not be permitted. You may contact us if you have a situation where you can no longer house the bunny, and we may choose to take it back in if we have space. We will not be able to refund any money.

My policy for sales is below. I don't have a contract, no one would sign it when I tried that and quite frankly I hated it so I just wrote out my policy instead. I give a copy with each sale, so there is no excuse for not knowing or asking about concerns before completing a sale. If there would ever be an issue come up, I'd refer to it. I've done that in the past and made allowances as needed, each person and situation is unique. No one is perfect and bad things at some point are going to happen. I had trouble with people pasting and changing information on my pedigrees in the past so I've added that to my policies as well. I've also noted that rabbits are pick up only, no visits to rabbitry on my page and when people call for safety reasons.

Rebel Rose Rabbitry's Sales Policy
All sales will be subject to the sales policy. Guarantees and warranties are expressly limited to the below sales policy. By placing a deposit or completing a purchase, you understand and agree to the sales policy. If you have any questions, please contact me.

Guarantees:
I cannot guarantee personality, reproductive ability, grow out, show quality, or growth of a junior.
I guarantee the health of rabbits for 72 hours (3 days) as a courtesy and will provide a purchase price refund of the rabbit only upon return of the rabbit and any pedigree/papers provided at time of purchase. I will meet in a mutual agreeable place or may make allowances for long distances.

Deposits:
Deposits are accepted on a limited basis.
Deposits are non-refundable UNLESS I cancel a sale.

Other:
No shipping on rabbits.
Crafts and items are offered as is seen with shipping at an added cost, no guarantees or warranties expressed or implied.
Crafts and second hand items will not be "perfect" and may have individual flaws. After all, handmade items even those made to be similar are never the exact same.
Rabbits may be returned to me at any time during their life span; NO QUESTIONS WILL BE ASKED OTHER THAN TO INSURE I PROVIDE ADEQUATE CARE FOR THE RABBIT(S).
I will not reimburse or compensate for money spent on vet, cage, feed, transportation, or other related costs at any time.
Rabbits are pick up only at mutual agreed upon place.
I reserve the right to refuse or cancel a sale at any time.
Rabbits and items are sold on "first come, first serve" basis.
Rabbits will be at least 8 weeks of age.
All descriptions/opinions are my own and to the best of my knowledge.
I reserve the right to keep pictures/copy of pedigree/legs for display/personal use.
Buyers will *not* modify pedigrees without asking in any way with the exception to addition of senior weight/registration/grand champion numbers.

For 1, I would add that the rabbit they get in exchange may not be the same age. Someone may not catch the sexing issue until breeding time and expect a breeding age bun in return.

For 2, make sure the sale date is on the agreement.

Back