Sable x Lynx or Blue Chin

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LPH_NY

Reaction score
I have an okay understanding of bunny genetics... at least with the colors I've worked with in my own barn. But I find sable kind of confusing. So I just want to know what this cross would likely result in:

Sable Buck (Jager) comes from a pure Silver Fox and a black mutt (black mutt had opal and chinchilla parents)

Blue Chinchilla (Daisy), based on previous breedings, carries REW and chocolate

Lynx has never been bred (Aster), but came from the Blue Chinchilla above and a Lynx

What are the possible colors when I cross Jager to Daisy? And Jager to Aster? Mostly chinchillas and REWs? Sable chins? Chestnuts from the Sable x Lynx?

(black) Sable buck = aa B_ cchl_ D_ E_ with a 25% chance of dilute/blue and 0% chance chin (since he is sable coloured) but might carry sable, himi or REW

Blue chin = A_ Bb cchd c dd E_

Lynx = A_ bb C_ dd E_ with 100% chance of chin or REW

Sable X blue chin = Black chin and black sable with the possibility of self chin, blue chin, blue sable, blue self chin, himi, REW

Sable X Lynx = chestnut with the possibility of chin, sable, self based and dilute based colours, himi, REW

Other colours are possibly if recessives like chocolate, steel, harli or non-extension are present

Back