Romantic Dinner for 2

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beach Bunny

Reaction score
I'm taking the leap and i bought a rabbit (1.5 lbs) at the grocery store.If we like it i may end up with meat rabbits in the future.So i need a recipe that will wow the boyfriend but i can't tell him it's rabbit untill after he eats it.Any suggestions for a romantic rabbit dinner?

The French are supposed to be romantic, no? That Google search Maggie suggested is killer! :chef:

If you don't debone the rabbit, he will realize that it is not chicken or anything else with which he is familiar. There are youtube videos on deboning a rabbit. Right now it takes me 30 minutes to do it, but I'll get faster eventually. :roll:

You could just de-bone the loin, joint the hind legs, and keep the fore quarters for when he is on board...The hind legs look like chicken leg quarters without the skin on.

I would say that sneaking rabbit into someone's dinner may not be a great idea. Maybe you could sneakily get permission first at least, by saying "Hey, would it be ok with you if I cooked rabbit some time?" That way, if "sometime" is tomorrow night you can do it without the kind of trust-busting "you lied to me" fight that something like that might cause...

Just saying, some people are more than a little offended by being unknowingly fed rabbit. My extended family might disown me, for example, and would possibly go to great lengths to vomit it up again.

http://mycarolinakitchen.blogspot.com/2 ... r-and.html

that one looks yummy :)

I know it sounds crazy but the deal was that he will try it if he doesn't know it.So basically he doesn't want me to tell him that it's rabbit.I guess i will have to learn to debone it.

He did that sneaky thing to me with deer meat and even though i liked it i was still upset because i would have tried it even if he told me what it was.

Well, if he agreed then that is ok then!! I know some people are squeamish like that, I just have some people who would be ANGRY so I thought I would say something just in case, glad you thought of that!

I think rabbit needs a little more salt than chicken, so maybe bear that in mind as you are cooking--it isn't that the meat tastes bad (mmm, not at all), but chicken is less "sweet" to me, and so for a new rabbit eater, a little salt can make it more familiar. Also it will be lean and prone to drying out, so you will want to watch that too. The recipe you have above looks great!

I'm sure he thinks i'm crazy but i think he will warm up to the idea :) Now getting the 9 year old into it is a whole different game!

The videos no longer work :(

Oh, sorry, Beach Bunny. I've watched some of them in the past but I didn't test them before posting the link. Can't think why they would remove them.<br /><br />__________ Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:59 pm __________<br /><br />Tailwagging posted this link on deboning a rabbit, but it won't hurt to have it here as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6ud68Qmdyc

Latest posts

Back