roasted bacon bunny

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiebear

Reaction score
I made a new recipe a couple of days ago.I wanted to take pictures but the family didn't want to wait.It was wonderful and really pretty too.
1 large rabbit cut into serving pieces
1 onion sliced and separated into rings
16 oz bacon cut into cubes
1 8oz can mushrooms
1 can golden mushroom soup
1 can mushroom soup
5or6 potatoes pealed and quartered
2 cups baby carrots
1 cup flour seasoned with salt,pepper,garlic powder,paprika(use whatever seasoning you like)
heat oven to 325. My bacon was frozen so I just chopped it up, cook bacon till crispy set aside leaving grease in skillet.Put potatoes and carrots in bottom of roasting pan. Flour rabbit pieces brown in bacon grease for about four or five min. each side.Just until golden brown. place on top of potatoes and carrots.mix soups with drained mushrooms and 1&1/2 can water heat till bubbly pour over rabbit top with onion rings and sprinkle with bacon. cover and bake for an hour and a half. This has to be the prettiest meal ever and wow it taste so good. Family has requested a repeat soon!

I'm going to make this again tonight. If it comes out as pretty as last time I will get pictures.20141004_190711.jpg
Not quite as pretty but still as delicious...Looks better in the roasting pan but ya got to serve it...

Attachments

• 20141004_191346.jpg
    20141004_191346.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 1,224
Oh, YUM! That sounds delicious!

By large rabbit, do you mean just an oversized fryer or a full grown rabbit? I have three juniors slated for freezer camp as well as a couple of adult does... :mrgreen:

katiebear":26oy903z said:
If it comes out as pretty as last time I will get pictures.

Better arm yourself with a long stick or something to beat off the ravening hoard!

I had some grow outs that hubby got too attached to. They were 14 weeks old and about 7 lb. But this will feed 8. Or at my house, three adults 2 kids and enough left overs for stew or hash. <br /><br /> __________ Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:40 pm __________ <br /><br /> I am defrosting the last one...going to make new years eve dinner...by special request from my six year old grandson..
I hope my hubby is up for butchering the grow outs soon. I have three 11 week old 6+pounders and an empty drawer in the freezer :cry:

Back