Rex vs. Mini-Rex

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trinityoaks

Reaction score
My 17yo and I fell in love with that wonderful Rex fur last year when we picked up our Brazilians. It's the only other breed that really interests me (besides my 'Zils and my Cals). What exactly are the differences between Rex and Mini-Rex? Is it just the size? How much does each weigh when full-grown, on average?

I don't really care about colors or showability, although it might be nice to breed for others to show. (And, no, I CANNOT buy any more rabbits for AT LEAST six months!) :lol:

The maximum weight for a Rex is 10 1/2 pounds and the maximum weight for a Mini Rex is 4 1/2 pounds. I tried raising Mini Rex for a little while but I gave up on them because of the breeding issues. They were also a lot less hardy than my other rabbits. There are a lot of people that have had success with them though so I may have got mine from not so good line. Mini Rex and Rex are very popular in the pet market and usually sell well. They also come in several different colors.

Emily

mini rex....my favourite breed...though if I ever get my polish to breed they do have a rival in them. :) lovely fur, good attitude, curious rabbits.

Size is like the only difference, well besides what colours are recognized. You can show amber Rex, but not Amber Mini Rex.

I have found they are the hardiest breed I have ever raised. They have the most unique personalities, and are much more active then other breeds.

Latest posts

Back