Reputable Breeder??

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZachsRabbits

Reaction score
So many times I was ripped off in my Dutch. Now that I am starting out again with different breeds. How would I find a reputable breeder to get nice startup stock in a competitive breed?

My kids and hubby show their own breeds and I am in the process of adding a breed for me. Instead of rushing in, I am visiting with the breeders of the breed I am interested in at shows, learning all I can from them. I joined the National and regional breed clubs and I joined the clubs' pages on Facebook. I have also volunteered to write for that breed at our upcoming State show. And I don't even own a rabbit of that breed yet! I am working to find not only a reputable breeder but also I want to show the breeders that I am serious about my new breed.

Learn all that you can about your breed so you know what to look for. The breeder you deal with should have a good reputation among other breeders - you could ask around who has good Harlequins or whatever you're looking for. Look at the rabbits in person before you commit to buying, ask for second opinions if you need to.

Back