Replacing stock...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZachsRabbits

Reaction score
It's time for my original 2 year old stock to get replaced by better juniors and offspring. I'm a very small operation so it's time for them to go. They are pet quality now because one is sterile, one is too pinched to breed, One is a very bad mother. I also have juniors that need pet homes because they are mismarked. So what should do? Cull them myself, Find a cull buyer, Find them pet homes but I am iffy on pet homes. I think I could cull them myself but my father is against culling and we probably wouldn't eat the meat which makes me feel bad about wasting it.
Any Ideas?

In your place, I'd probably look for a cull buyer. Maybe someone into raw feeding, or a snake owner? You would want to be certain the buyer knew how to humanely euthanize, or else sell them already dispatched and maybe frozen.

If you can process and freeze your culls maybe you can donate to food banks. Deer hunters donate their excess meats to food pantries, maybe people will like rabbits too.

Latest posts

Back