Record Sheets...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Used to be... back in the olden days... One could write to the big feed companies ( like Purina) and get a big pile of Doe and Buck production sheets and hutch cards....Free. I was stunned when i saw in various catalogs the cost of those items now ! yikes !!!

I'm old time enough that i like my notebooks. They don't crash or catch a virus and disappear. The worst is to forget it somewhere... :p .

So i was wondering... would there be a web site that might have those forms that could be printed off ... for free ??

Someday i might order the Evans software... but i'm not ready to try that yet. ( think chicken....) and that again is computer based....

Even computer-generated records can be printed off for extra security. I like notebooks, but more and more I open a file and put information on the computer too. My rabbitry being informal and just meat mutts, this tends to be just notes about when to put Jasper into the other side of the colony or when Alice kindled and how many. :)

Just starting out, and my system is really very informal too. Just a notebook, and a calendar on a clip board. It works for me though. I do put in important reminders into my blackberry though. Things I really need to remember to do on specific days. If I don't look at my calendar or notebook, I forget, but the blackberry is always with me. :lol:

oh heavens...it's really easy to make them yourself and print them off. :)

use a spreadsheet, design what you want. and then print them off. :)

Or even just a good word processer should be able to give you want you want.<br /><br />__________ Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:36 pm __________<br /><br />in fact, should you want me to make something up for you I'd be delighted.

just tell me what you want and I can throw something together for you.

Someday i might order the Evans software... but i'm not ready to try that yet.
( think chickem....) and that again is computer based.

You can and it is suggested to: Back up your Software records
on a flash drive or Disc. I back my records up every few months.
I also have hard copies of ALL my pedigrees.
I too used to keep a notebook with all breeding's etc.
I now find such things to be a waste of time and effort.
Your computer can easily handle all of that for you,
and all information can be easily retrieved and printed should
it become necessary. Why make more work for yourself.
I don't remember what I did before I got my Evans Software.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

ladysown":3gbqa11r said:
oh heavens...it's really easy to make them yourself and print them off. :)

use a spreadsheet, design what you want. and then print them off. :)

Or even just a good word processer should be able to give you want you want.

__________ Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:36 pm __________

in fact, should you want me to make something up for you I'd be delighted.

just tell me what you want and I can throw something together for you.

Thank You so much for the kind offer.

I really thought that there might be a link to some web site ...like Purina ... where i could download and print off the forms for free. I've tried Googling for them but came up blank.

And i have spent countless hours thru the years, with pencil and ruler and paper, making various charts for different projects. Inevitably finding out when i finished... that i had forgotten something.... or i ran out of room.

Again Thank You.

Check out http://www.southernstates.com/articles/pc/rabbits/recordkeeping.aspx for some downloadables. They're PDF files, so you'll need Adobe reader.

I think this type of record may be on most of the rabbit feed websites somewhere. I'm going to keep searching around for some different ones.<br /><br />__________ Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:45 am __________<br /><br />http://www.bunnyrabbit.com/price/cardholder.htm - in the middle of the page of card holders is a line that says "click here to print..." and it brings up a Word document (you need something that will open a .doc ) that is 4 hutch cards. currently says BunnyRabbit.com, etc...but could easily be changed to say YOUR rabbitry.

Anntann":1p6b0m3b said:
Check out http://www.southernstates.com/articles/pc/rabbits/recordkeeping.aspx for some downloadables. They're PDF files, so you'll need Adobe reader.

I think this type of record may be on most of the rabbit feed websites somewhere. I'm going to keep searching around for some different ones.

__________ Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:45 am __________

http://www.bunnyrabbit.com/price/cardholder.htm - in the middle of the page of card holders is a line that says "click here to print..." and it brings up a Word document (you need something that will open a .doc ) that is 4 hutch cards. currently says BunnyRabbit.com, etc...but could easily be changed to say YOUR rabbitry.

Thank You !!! Those will do just what i wanted !!! ( and put off getting the computer program.... :lol: )

If you have Microsoft Excel on your computer, you should be able to set up some tracking charts tailored for your own liking and personal use. It's what I use, and I've even created my own pedigrees with it.

I am ordering my evans today YAY... it has been long needed. I used it for the few month and loved it. Well worth the money.

I just downloaded Open Office 3.3, it's free, and you can create text documents, tables, and spreadsheets. They can be saved, and printed also.

Can't hurt to give it a try, it seems easy enough to use. :)

http://www.openoffice.org/

Latest posts

Back