Reasoning behind your RT name?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am always curious why people choose the screen names that they have on forums. Care to share the reasoning behind yours? <br /><br /> __________ Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:27 pm __________ <br /><br /> The Heritage School is our homeschool name (in NC when you register you have to have a name - one that you keep the entire time and will be listed on all paperwork). I had plans of using that for our farm/rabbitry but decided it was a bit too common the more I searched so I changed it up when I registered on ARBA to Four Ring Rabbitry. That's OK though... Starting over I would just have Four Ring or some form of it, but heritage is still fitting for our overall lifestyle (our area was pretty much founded by DH's family. His great great (great?) grandfather is on record being the first one across the covered bridge that our road is named after. Our church was also founded by that side of the family before the Civil War. Both his grandmother's and grandmother's family have been here for many generations. The house we used to live in was his great grandmothers and we found a deed dating back to the 1800's for that property. Coming from a very distant and unsettled family it's fascinating to me to see the rich history around us.

The reason for my name is shown in my avatar, the Lady Galadriel of Lothlorien. She is one of the best characters in the "Lord of the Rings" movies, and one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen on television. We try to watch the movies twice a year, and Dad's favorite line from her is "All shall love me and despair!"

the dark queen sm.jpg

Galadriel2.jpg

The reason for my name is shown in my avatar, the Lady Galadriel of Lothlorien. She is one of the best characters in the "Lord of the Rings" movies, and one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen on television. We try to watch the movies twice a year, and Dad's favorite line from her is "All shall love me and despair!"

the dark queen sm.jpg

mine is because my mom cales me "bug" and i am in 4-h

Mine is because our 12 yr old Boston Terrier is named "Mack", and before I had my girls I was known as "macksmom" any place online that asked for a user name. And it's easier than trying to combine the girls names or choose between one or the other. He was my first real furbaby!!!! Loved that you asked tho, I have wondered the same many times!

I'm MamaSheepdog because I believe there are three basic personalities in people;

The sheep, who follow the herd and are blissfully unaware of danger.
The wolves, who prey upon them...
And the sheepdogs who protect and defend.

I'll do my best to shepherd "the herd", but they are secondary to my family. I'm a MamaSheepdog because nothing will get my hackles to raise faster than someone trying to harm my "pups"- physically or politically.

By the way, there is another thread on this very subject :p - in fact the above response was copied from it- you can see it here:

post78425.html

Our house is blue, its surrounded trees and three fields of corn, or beans.
I like the name haven as it fits the property.
cottage.jpg

Was my dad's nickname for me when I was a kid .... He was killed when I was 7.

Mine goes back to my earliest gaming days. Every game my character had had this name.

Mine is Petlover500 because that's the username I came up with when I was 12 :lol:
I call myself that, because well, I LOVE pets ;P And 500 is just a random number, I guess :lol: :D

Thanks for asking... I've been curious too. I've almost posted this same question more than once!

I'm self-employed with a telecommunications tower service business I call Randy's Tower Service. Basically, I climb towers for a living to install, troubleshoot and/or repair cellphone, wireless internet, two-way radio or AM and FM radio equipment. I also erect towers.

rtower is just an abbreviated form of my business name.

rtower":1sp2am58 said:
Basically, I climb towers for a living to install, troubleshoot and/or repair cellphone, wireless internet, two-way radio or AM and FM radio equipment. I also erect towers.

Ah, that's one of the things I liked most when working at a water ski cable, climbing the wireframe towers, repairing stuff up there, and even replacing whole towers (melancholoc flashback :roll: ). Sure, it wasn't that high, but for me it doesn't make a difference if it's 20 feet or 200.

Ok, there where this spiders, growing HUGE on that towers, it was quite interesting how easy the decision was between falling or getting a grip and squashing what until that moment you feared most :oops: :lol:

Preitler":2avlc1nl said:
rtower":2avlc1nl said:
Basically, I climb towers for a living to install, troubleshoot and/or repair cellphone, wireless internet, two-way radio or AM and FM radio equipment. I also erect towers.

Ah, that's one of the things I liked most when working at a water ski cable, climbing the wireframe towers, repairing stuff up there, and even replacing whole towers (melancholoc flashback :roll: ). Sure, it wasn't that high, but for me it doesn't make a difference if it's 20 feet or 200.

Ok, there where this spiders, growing HUGE on that towers, it was quite interesting how easy the decision was between falling or getting a grip and squashing what until that moment you feared most :oops: :lol:
Spiders?! I would probably just accept my death then and here and jump to my doom, lol.

i chose Oscar because that is the name of my little fuzzball lop buck and his name is Oscar. :D :D And that is the perfect name for him. :D

Petlover500":3tyyxm0u said:
Spiders?! I would probably just accept my death then and here and jump to my doom, lol.

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would of just called for my brother! he squishes spiders for me

Latest posts

Back