Rabbitry names!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey0246

Reaction score
What's everyone's rabbitrty names? How'd you come up with it? I've always been curious! Mine is Black Willow Rabbitry. I have a black lab named willow, and that's how I came up with mine:D

That's such a cool rabbitry name!

Unfortunately there isn't a very interesting story behind my rabbitry's name. It's called Shadow Creek Rabbitry. When I'm not with my rabbits, I'm writing my stories and one of my (many) pennames online is Winter Shadow. And my rabbitry is located next to a "creek" (tiny stream that's dry 85% of the year). So I just sort of combined my two favorite hobbies and came up with Shadow Creek.

I'm really curious to see how everyone else came up with their rabbitry names. :popcorn:

Golden Okie Rabbitry.

I live in Oklahoma and my family also raises golden retrievers. Booooriiiing. :dogkiss:

Here's my dog, Kuiper. He is 9 months old now. He will be our stud as soon as he's old enough. He's got a nice even standard gold color. Love him to pieces.
face.jpg

Mine is a general farm name as I raise a lot more than just rabbits; Deer Heart Farm. It combined my mother's pet name for me (that she specifically used when calming me down over the purchase and hunt of my new farm when it wasn't going well at all) and the name of her own farm which is Buck Hill :)

I just jotted a bunch a rabbitry names that i liked down on a sheet of paper and finally decided on High Summer Rabbitry, what do you guys think?

Oscar":yitgqn70 said:
I just jotted a bunch a rabbitry names that i liked down on a sheet of paper and finally decided on High Summer Rabbitry, what do you guys think?
:D Nice! It's a fun process to choose a name for sure.

Dogs seem to be a common theme, heh.

Logo_Final_zpsr1qmtuqx.png

Came from "mad as a march hare" but everyone thinks I went with an Alice in Wonderland theme now. :shock:
And I just really like the idea of a stronghold, I hope we can become a stronghold for our breed. That's what I think of every time I want to give up. :lol:

Mine is Little Fluffy Bunnies, because, well, I guess I breed little fluffy bunnies. And I might not be the most creative person around. :oops:

Olimpia, I love the stronghold idea! And everyone's rabbitry names are so cool!

Mine is Happy Dale Rabbitry... Mostly because when you go on google maps and type my address in then it says we live across the road on Happy Dale lol... But also because I am head over heels in love with Clydesdale horses. Especially when they are crossed with other large breeds, such as a Dutch Harness Horse. The happy part is because who don't like being happy? Plus all my does seem pretty happy except one.. But she's a jerk so who cares, there's no making her happy lol XD

ButtonsPalace":i65bi31e said:
Mine is Happy Dale Rabbitry... Mostly because when you go on google maps and type my address in then it says we live across the road on Happy Dale lol... But also because I am head over heels in love with Clydesdale horses. Especially when they are crossed with other large breeds, such as a Dutch Harness Horse. The happy part is because who don't like being happy? Plus all my does seem pretty happy except one.. But she's a jerk so who cares, there's no making her happy lol XD

Clydesdales are gorgeous! I just saw one today:) I like my thoroughbred mare though. Wouldn't trade her for the world!

I want to get an ottb honestly but at the same time I don't wanna a horse that's been drugged up with who knows to run all the races they have.. Although I've hear they are the best horses because they love to work and they love to work hard... But I think I might look into getting a Clydesdale x Dutch Harness mix. I saw one on facebook on a horse sale site and I was in LOVE! He was beautiful.. No telling what I'll end up with though lol

Magpie Syndrome Rabbitry

I am breeding for magpie harlequin rabbits, but the syndrome itself is a fairly accurate description of rabbitosis. :)
I felt it would be a good name, even (or especially) if I switch varieties or add new breeds.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... 20syndrome

magpie syndrome
An irrational affinity for shiny objects. When a highly shiny object is seen by the sufferer it often may induce a compulsive need to claim it and several minutes of staring at said object in the sun. This will later end in the sufferer pocketing the object to add to his/her collection by a sunny windowsill at home. If a shiny object is outside of a sufferer's grasp it will usually result in an strong, though usually short-lived obsession over it.

Zass":3qcqpyjf said:
magpie syndrome
An irrational affinity for shiny objects. When a highly shiny object is seen by the sufferer it often may induce a compulsive need to claim it and several minutes of staring at said object in the sun. This will later end in the sufferer pocketing the object to add to his/her collection by a sunny windowsill at home. If a shiny object is outside of a sufferer's grasp it will usually result in an strong, though usually short-lived obsession over it.

That pretty much describes how I felt when I saw my first mini satin! :lol:

Btw, awesome rabbitry name, Zass!

ozemba":4f0jexqx said:
Golden Okie Rabbitry.

I live in Oklahoma and my family also raises golden retrievers. Booooriiiing. :dogkiss:

Here's my dog, Kuiper. He is 9 months old now. He will be our stud as soon as he's old enough. He's got a nice even standard gold color. Love him to pieces.
He is old enough

Oscar":3idpwpia said:
ozemba":3idpwpia said:
Golden Okie Rabbitry.

He is old enough

Technically, dogs can breed at that age, but I am pretty sure for stud dogs it is considered best to wait until they are over 1 year, however I may be incorrect as I do not breed dogs.

That is a beautiful Golden! He has such a sweet face!

Zass, that's such a cool rabbitry name! I love it!

I dubbed us Four Ring Rabbitry/Four Ring Farmstead...

I have 4 children... it's a 4 ring circus at any given moment! Each is in their own area performing at any given time, all at the same time! Just call me Ringmaster Ringmistress :lol:

I also have been wanting to do a barn quilt for some time (I'm a quilter as well!) - a double wedding ring is a "someday" project for me (in fabric) so I decided that if I went with Four Ring it would be perfect for a barn quilt! I have been tinkering with a logo idea...

My log in "heritage" is after our homeschool name (which is required in NC) - The Heritage School. I thought I would carry that over to my rabbitry as well, but found it to be WAY too common so I had to change it up ;)

ButtonsPalace":2xc9zh49 said:
I want to get an ottb honestly but at the same time I don't wanna a horse that's been drugged up with who knows to run all the races they have.. Although I've hear they are the best horses because they love to work and they love to work hard... But I think I might look into getting a Clydesdale x Dutch Harness mix. I saw one on facebook on a horse sale site and I was in LOVE! He was beautiful.. No telling what I'll end up with though lol

She is my first OTTB, and she really does love to please! Sweetest horse I've ever had. Definitely sticking with thoroughbreds from now on! But I understand the love for drafts! I used to be in love with Clydesdale. My trainer has one!

Joey0246":uqs4wgh6 said:
ButtonsPalace":uqs4wgh6 said:

She is my first OTTB, and she really does love to please! Sweetest horse I've ever had. Definitely sticking with thoroughbreds from now on! But I understand the love for drafts! I used to be in love with Clydesdale. My trainer has one!

And here we are, looking at minis :lol: We want to start small :cool:

heritage":3i6ujcwv said:
Joey0246":3i6ujcwv said:
ButtonsPalace":3i6ujcwv said:

And here we are, looking at minis :lol: We want to start small :cool:

Minis are fun! My neighbor has 2:) they are know to have attitudes though! Like a chihuahua. Super small but think they're huge!

Back