Rabbit supply companys

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randtrabbitry

Reaction score
So the other post talking about Klubertanz. Got me thinking about other companys. The only company i know of is Bass. There an hour drive from me and that's where i go for my supplies. But if i could see other place and there prices i might go elsewhere.
So if you know of a rabbit supply place let me know i need lots of cages this spring and would like to compare prices and such. O and what company's you dont like.

I like KW. They are based in California and I have dealt with them on a few things- thus far I am pleased.

I live fairly close to Bass, also. Not as close as you, but the freight should be less expensive. I liked Damar's best, bet they are out of bussiness. I buy mostly wire, make my own cages, and Klubetanz has a better selection and better prices for what I use. I also like the people there, they will go out of their way to help you if you are in a bind for something.

I build my own cages, because I can build a much superior cage for the some price as the "kit" cages. However, I use hanging cages, which can be used in a shed, or in an outside hutch, and they would not be suitable for rack mounted cages. I have been working on my own design for years, and I now have cages that will last a lifetime with minimal care. If you believe you will be in rabbits for 20 years or so, you will ciome out way ahead building your own with better wire than you get in kit cages.

I have posted some of my design here, but If you are intersted, PM me, because I have been testing some new things for the past year, which worked out even better than I hoped.

Thanks for the info ive already sent out for a magazine Frys prices are about the same as bass maybe a dollar more on things will call Monday and see if they do a magazine.
avdpas77 i have build my own cages but bass was telling me there cages i was looking at are cut from the same wire they would sell to us in a roll. Hubby and i know how it fills trying to cut and build cages all day. Also trying to keep our eyes on our kids who never want to stay were we want them lol. We decided to take the easy way out and buy the pre cut ones. And yes mine hang single level in a barn. I will try to track down some of your designs and also pm you i plan to be in the business for some time as i sold out once and hated being with out rabbits.
Farmgirl Bass is located in Monett, Mo

Farm Girl":2663bmmx said:
Where is Bass located?

Home offices are in Monett, MO. They also have a west coast manufacturing operation in Healdsburg, CA.<br /><br />__________ Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:20 pm __________<br /><br />
randtrabbitry":2663bmmx said:
Thanks for the info ive already sent out for a magazine Frys prices are about the same as bass maybe a dollar more on things will call Monday and see if they do a magazine.

They have a printed catalog, but everything in it can be found on their website. When you contact them, tell Russ that Billy from Arkansas referred you. I just did a cage order with him, and he'll likely be pleased to hear that.

In many ways, I liked Fry's cages better than the ones I got previously from Bass.

Back