Rabbit stew

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coyotejoe

Reaction score
This is another one from the "Pel-Freez" cookbook and again delicious. This would probably be a good way to cook up a tough old-timer but I used a 9 week old which weighed 4.6 pounds live and dressed at 2.6 pounds. I used the white kit because I was tired of seeing those red eyes. :lol:

Attachments

• rabbit stew2.jpg
    rabbit stew2.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 1,227
ok, not to open a :canofworms: But I love the rew. My best bun is a red eyed white she is a superior mother, excellent temper, large litters, very loving ....I think she is beautiful.
I don't know why anyone would be "freaked out" (not you Joe, Just read it on here before)by the color of their eyes
.She has the most colorful litters too...Right now she has a nest full of chin colored babies, And she let me watch her give birth.She is the only rabbit that I have ever seen that will go feed her litter when I tell her to,even in the middle of the day.. :p
So not to jack your thread but ...Lets give some love up for the Red Eyed Whites!!!!!
And the recipe looks great...I sent for that book as well. I have tried a couple of the recipes....excellent results.Yummy stuff! :D

Oh I don't doubt there is a lot to be said for white rabbits and it is fortunate that so far the government has not seen fit to dictate one way or the other so you can keep your red eyed white rabbits and I can avoid them. :lol:

:lol: yeah so far...wouldn't put it past them though. .. :lol:
I can see it now... Federal mandate eight-nindy-eleven," Persons Living in the state of Montana shall here to fore only be in possession of non-red eyed rabbits,under penalty of law, Any persons found to be in possession of said rabbit of offending color shall be forced to dance the Hokie-pokie nude on the steps of the court house in the nearest township to the residence of said offender" LOL!!

Back