rabbit recipe i'm tossin together.. SWEET RABBIT RECIPE..

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiogoatgirl

Reaction score
*all in a crock pot

5cup apple juice
about 1tbsp chopped garlic (dried, store)
half small white onion roughly chopped (about 3/4 cup full)
one smallish green pepper, gut and roughly chop (about 1cup full, from garden)
about half cup thick, roughly chopped carrot pieces

*crock pot on (one i'm using has off, low, high, warm... its on high and seems just right to cook at)
*thoroughly rinse rabbit, quarter
*after about 20 min add rabbit pieces to crock pot

this is where i'm at right now :popcorn: now the waiting game for the meat to cook. it smells good though!

*after 15 minutes its lookin white and firm on the meat so I turned it down to low. I don't want it to cook too fast.

*one hour into cooking... smells yummy...

*the rabbit cooked in like two hours. it was good and oddly sweet but still good. everyone chowed down.
I took and poured the broth off it and made dumplings in it. I need to get better at makin them though haha. but they were good.

~~notes~~
I think this would be really good with chicken.
it was almost too sweet, but I guess that's from using like all apple juice haha.
if your family likes veggies more then mine does, definitely could do a lot more veggies in it.
I don't think potatoes would be very good in this because of the sweetness. but that's just me.

This recipe is interesting, a good idea starter for sure! I think throwing whole peeled/cored apples in with the rabbit instead of the apple juice would work. The apples would roast down to a nice apple sause to go with the rabbit. Also halved root veggies like parsnips and carrots. I might try this with one of my roasting rabbits.

This recipe reminds me of my pulled pork one. You cook the pork in rootbeer. I wonder if i cooked the rabbit in the apple juice and then paired it with a complimentary bbq sauce for a sweet pulled rabbit....hmmmm.

Thanks fot sharing this! :)

I love "winging it" with stews, soups, and crockpot recipes. Most things turn out well, some turn out awesome, and others are edible but nothing to write home about.

It has gotten to the point that I always write whatever it is down, otherwise I will inevitably hear "Mom, remember when you made the ----? That was so good. Can you make it again?" and of course I have to say "Um... no. I have no idea what I did."

JDWest":3osn5gd6 said:
This recipe reminds me of my pulled pork one. You cook the pork in rootbeer.

That sounds really good to me. But when I read it to my family, Colliepup exclaimed "That's a waste of good rootbeer!" :eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back