Rabbit pulling fur HELP!!!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppleAndCole

Reaction score
My doe rabbit starting pulling fur today. I bred her exactly two weeks ago. I don't know why a she is so early. This is my first experience with a pregnant rabbit so I have no idea what is normal and could use as much help as I can get. Thanks! :bunnyhop:

Don't panic. :)

2 weeks, well, I think that would be a common time if it were a false pregnancy, but since rabbits are very different there is only one way to tell for sure: wait. And put a nestbox in on day 27 at the latest anyway.
Some does, especially first timers, don't get the timing right.

Anyway - save the fur, it may come in handy when there is actually a nest to be stuffed.

Good advice from Preitler! :)

At two weeks, if she were to kindle, the kits would not be viable. So, yes, save the fur . . . it is always good to have a supply for those times when the doe does not pull enough at the time of kindling.

It could well be a false pregnancy. Rabbits are induced ovulators (they ovulate as a result of mating) and sometimes the doe "feels" pregnant when she isn't. But don't give up hope. Wait out the time until at least Day 36 from the mating. She may be pregnant and just a tad confused about timing.

Good luck! :clover: And welcome to RabbitTalk. :hi:

All my rabbits false pregnancies occur right at 3 weeks, and mine have had a lot of them. But it's true they are all different and rabbits could surprise you at anytime:)

Latest posts

Back