Rabbit Processing video

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghost

Reaction score
This had got to be one of the best instructional videos on rabbit processing. It talks about equipment, it shows dispatchment, and it shows the processing of a meat rabbit.

It gives clear instructions as well as well filmed demonstrations. It goes over the finer points of rabbit butchering. I like the attention to detail it gives on handling the large intestine and anal region.

I also feel pride in the humanity she shows towards the animal that will be used for meat.

I did my meat rabbits over 10 years ago and I wish I had this clear of instructions. I was able to figure out the large intestine on my first processing, but It is nice to have someone clearly explain it.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9D5tJZSZrk[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9D5tJZSZrk

I find it unnecessary to hit the rabbit first before using the broomstick method. Either method should kill the rabbit.

a7736100":oc25emir said:
I find it unnecessary to hit the rabbit first before using the broomstick method. Either method should kill the rabbit.

I tend to agree with you. However, overall I think the vid is well produced.

In 2006, I had to read and look at still images to learn the process. I did not have anyone to show me. I practiced on a plush animal. I was able to carry out a flawless broomstick maneuver on the first rabbit I killed. In the next 4 times I dispatched, I don't feel the animal was distresses when I pinned it under the stick. Personally, I would worry more about about a bad hit from the hammer than stressing the creature with the stick.

PS. At the time YouTube banned actual dispatchment videos (and my net was terrible then) I remember in 2007 or 8 someone from RabbitsOnTheWeb forum linked to a video, showing a quick humane dispatchment but it was removed before I could see it.

Latest posts

Back