Rabbit POOP!!--w/a few pics....now.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good, Grumpy!

If I didn't feed hay, I might do something similar. If people were willing to drive a hundred miles round trip for rabbit poo. And if I didn't want it all for myself...

grumpy":3i0r9ae4 said:
Note: You can see one of the hanger rods on the left.
I made a jig to keep all of the hangers the same.

I need to make a jig for my BunnyBucket hooks. What did you make it out of?

Finally...!!!

Got the first row installed. I can already
tell a big difference in the air quality
in the room. Water and urine quickly evaporate
without the manure being on the ground.
It's gonna make a big difference.....I hope. LOL.

WHOA! Just noticed....I need to clean the filters on my fans.
They're supposed to be blue! In the far upper right-hand corner
is the exhaust fan. That 'filter' is supposed to be blue, also.
It looks like a white sheet of copy paper. That fan's on a timer.
Fifteen minutes on and fifteen minutes off. 24 hours a day.

I've got part of the frame-stock cut for the row on the left.
I'll start on them sometime this morning. We've got a pretty
good rain shower right now. So, the shop and rabbitry is the
best place to spend some time.

PoopTrays001_zps7227baec.jpg

What a great setup you have...jealous of your workroom. I love taking poop and turning it into money!

We now dry our poop for sale and put in old feed bags too. If they were left too long in buckets we have bug (maggot issues) yuck. :sick:

It does make the weight less, but is nicer and easier to handle.

stone soup farm":32l71mhh said:
What a great setup you have...jealous of your workroom. I love taking poop and turning it into money!

We now dry our poop for sale and put in old feed bags too. If they were left too long in buckets we have bug (maggot issues) yuck. :sick:

It does make the weight less, but is nicer and easier to handle.

Once dried, how much weight did you put into each bag?
Also, how did you price it? By the pound or by the bag?

BTW: Thanks for the compliment on my shop. LOL.

Those lights shining through the window at the end of
the work area are over my grow-out pens.

I've got a few more pics.....but I pulled a stunt that is a
FIRST in my life
.....I ran my finger into the blade on my table saw.
Not TOO bad....it just stung me really good.
I've been around power tools for all of my life
and that's the first time I've ever pulled a
boneheaded move like that. I should know better!
I let my mind momentarily wander away from what I was doing.
GOTCHA!!!

There was quite a bit of blood along with a few choice words!
But...it was a long ways from my heart. LOL.
I didn't want blood all over my camera,
so I cut a clean piece of shop cloth and used
electrical tape to keep it in place so I could finish the job.

grumpy<br /><br />__________ Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:49 am __________<br /><br />
Frecs":32l71mhh said:
Beautiful!

Can you come do the same for me, please?

And, can I borrow your sons? I'll pay'em and feed'em...

Wish I were closer...be glad to give you a hand.

The boys work good and pretty cheap!! LOL.

grumpy.

Grumpy, I hope your finger survived alright!

Rabbit poo is miraculous!

Last summer, prior to getting our rabbit, our back yard was a straggly, sad looking mess, having been weaned off the chemical fertilizers from two years ago. I had issues with Japanese beetle grubs. Half the yard was yellow and wilty, the other half was on the losing battle of being green.

March 2014 rolled around and we inherited our rabbit. She had to transition from a small indoor cage to a large outdoor hutch BUT she now had free time in the back yard!! Weeds a-plenty to nibble since the grass was losing the battle. This summer and this fall our back yard, having been gloriously coated with rabbit pee n poo during the rabbit's free time, was gloriously green and vibrant and we had to mow it more than the front yard!! I'm definitely feeding the front yard this next year with rabbit poo!

Interestingly, we had little to no grub problems this year, unlike the last three years I've put down Ortho Grub Killer. I don't know if the rabbit addition made a difference, but I should like to think so!

As always, Grumpy, another great project.

If we had your number of rabbits, we would probably try to do the same, but with our tiny rabbitry, we value every little poo. Straight into the garden beds or compost bin they go! We are doing some manual moving of some topsoil here to fix a drainage issue, and my hubby and I are being reminded how much we have improved our terrible soil in our garden when we look at the non-rabbit enhanced "soil" (mostly rocks and clay) we are moving.

Got the Pooo.

Now time to capture the urine. :) People actually pay for that as well as a liquid nitrogen fertilizer. Its also used in the medical industry, but the requirements are very stringent.

Little 1# sacks of the poo would go gang buster on Amazon. Course you may not want to do the drop ship thing.

Great job on the whole rabbitary.

What a great idea, Grumpy!! I'm new to this, but I could make these for my cages after I build them!! Thanks for the info!!

Our rabbit poo is all mixed up with hay, pine pellets and recycled paper pellets that I use in the litter boxes. :( But, I have just been dumping the trays on the garden space anyway. I figure it will still be good if I can find someone to till it up.

Syber, it's fine that way, too. You've just added some brown matter to it, and a little extra nitrogen with the hay. You don't need to till it- it will decompose just sitting on top of the soil.

I have been bagging up my manure in feed sacks, and in the last week have made a little over $100 selling it. :D

Back