Rabbit parm... Soup?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
So I took my left over rabbit and sauce from making rabbit parm, and made a soup.

I used 1 jar of sauce and 1 can of diced tomatoes in the rabbit parm. Shredded the leftover rabbit.

Added
3 small carrots, chopped
2 med bell peppers, chopped(I used green and orange)
2 large white potatoes, diced
1.5c shell pasta
1.5c water
1 package of low sodium nitrite free bacon
A few generous shakes of Italian seasoning

Put it all in the slow cooker.

Intend to add 1 pint of yellow beans in about 2 hrs, as I don't want them too mushy.

Intend to serve with cheesy garlic bread.

I will update when it is done, as to how it turned out.

giant_la_by_web5ter-d64qtf0.gif

Wow!! Sounds delicious :p

Looked disgusting but tasted good. Pasta in the slow cooker was a bad idea though, it basically became a thickening agent. The bacon should have been precooked as well and added towards the end, it turned slimey.

I have wondered if that was what pasta would do in a slow cooker. Good tip on the bacon, too. Glad it turned out well, even if it didn't look so appetizing. :)

when I bottle rabbits I pressure cook them first for a little while to make it easy to get all the meat off the bones, I have about 2 inches of water in the cooker when I start, after cooking the juice is a lot more than 2 inches, -- when I bottle the rabbit meat ,I make sure to bottle all of the juice [broth] in separate jars, -- it is a wonderful soup starter, - or an [almost] instant gravy starter.

Latest posts

Back