Rabbit not pulling hair. HELP!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blueeyedrex

Reaction score
Yesterday I bought a blue eyed mini rex from a rabbitry that closed, She is on her 30th day of pregnacy, But she hasn't pulled fur. She has a nest box made from cardbord and has some straw and cardboard bedding in it. This is my first time with a pregnant doe please help!!!!!
P.S. This is my third rabbit, and I did know she was due to kindle in a few days. :bunnyhop: ;)

I heard my prego doe Alice making a bit of commotion at 3:15 in the morning so I turned on the light to see what was going on. She was pulling fur finally! (Morning of the 32nd day of pregnancy) Then within the next 15 minutes she proceeded to birth 7 kits and that was that, lol.

She could be a last-minute puller. :)

Her nesting box is cardboard and she keeps on tearing the bottom up at two yesterday morning I woke up to extream scratching........I dont know but she isnt leaving the box she just sits in it... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I have a few that will do absolutely nothing with their nestbox for days, then one morning you walk in and *poof* there's a nest full of hay, fur, and babies! I do keep some fur set aside from another local breeder that has woolies, just in case. I've read that dryer lint can also be used if the doe really does fail to pull fur, or you can attempt to pull some from her yourself. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back