rabbit naming

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBA

Reaction score
Our litter of four mini lops received their names tonight. I am planning on keeping one buck and two does from my litter of californians, so they got their names tonight as well.
My daughter got first pick of the mini lop litter. She chose the broken chestnut, named her Cheyenne. My son, who has now decided he wants to start showing mini lops, got second pick. He chose the broken black, named her, Yuki. Pronounced You-key, not yucky.
Then I chose to keep the gold tipped black steel, named him Pyrite. Lastly my wife wanted to keep the broken black steel. Her name is Mystic.

The cals are all going to have biblical names. Keeping a male and two females, their names are; Jacob, Mary, and Rebecca.

I love the name Yuki. By any chance does your son watch anime? (I am an anime nerd and that is a common name in anime shows.)

I see your son now needs some Loppies too. ;)

DBA, sounds like fun. I always enjoy naming things.
I'm looking forward to giving names for pedigrees for the first time.
I considered Bible names before too but we decided to go with names of flowers & trees. I am trying to decide which ones and how many from our current litter to keep also.

LopLover":38b0ezgb said:
I love the name Yuki. By any chance does your son watch anime? (I am an anime nerd and that is a common name in anime shows.)

I'm not sure what anime is, but he did say Yuki was a name of a character in something.
And yeah, he needs a couple rabbits now.
When his sister started her interest in showing, I bought Belle and Oliver for her, so now I need to find him a couple. <br /><br /> __________ Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:43 am __________ <br /><br />
WhWRabbitry":38b0ezgb said:
DBA, sounds like fun. I always enjoy naming things.
I'm looking forward to giving names for pedigrees for the first time.
I considered Bible names before too but we decided to go with names of flowers & trees. I am trying to decide which ones and how many from our current litter to keep also.
I hate naming them, its hard for me to come up with anything that sounds good.
I named the gold tipped black steel Pyrite because he looks like an iron pyrite rock.
Biblical names for the cals just makes it easy.

We gave our does names of towns in Maine where I grew up--thus Alna, Berwick, and Casco. Last year when we started we didn't have names for the NZW's until one started biting and we called her Jezebel. The SF buck was Sky because of his color. I find it hard to name if I don't start with a category--Bible or food or plants or towns in Maine.

I didnt name my californians. They are livestock, not pets. Once my oldest doe proved herself to be a good mother, I let my daughter name her. She was, simply JG71, her tattoo number, but now she is Alice. My cal buck was N3, but is now Jasper. She named them after characters in the twilight vampire movie. Then she named my other cal doe, Daisy. I don't know where that name came from, but it is easy to remember, so it works.

DBA":25v89k9u said:
LopLover":25v89k9u said:

I'm not sure what anime is, but he did say Yuki was a name of a character in something.
When his sister started her interest in showing, I bought Belle and Oliver for her, so now I need to find him a couple

I shall have to ask him at the next rabbit show. I'll check and see what I have in terms of a pair. Brokens or Solids or one of each?

Most of my rabbits do not have names.

Not because they are livestock, just because I am really bad at coming up with names. The puppies went for 6 mos without having names.

LopLover":x563niii said:
DBA":x563niii said:
LopLover":x563niii said:

When his sister started her interest in showing, I bought Belle and Oliver for her, so now I need to find him a couple

I shall have to ask him at the next rabbit show. I'll check and see what I have in terms of a pair. Brokens or Solids or one of each?

It really doesn't matter to me. One boy and one girl, or two girls. One broken and a solid, or two solid or two broken. Either way. I just really don't want two more bucks. You know the two we have plus the black steel buck that I am hoping grows into a good animal. So two females would be best, but one male and one female would be ok.

Latest posts

Back