Rabbit Litter Training

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bug4H

Reaction score
Is "Yesterdays News" a good brand of litter to use wirh bunnies ?

Yes, it is. That is safe, and so is Feline Pine (which you will find much cheaper at a feed store/Tractor Supply, sold as horse stall bedding pellets).

For our indoor bunnies, we use the horse bedding, and top with pine shavings (the flakes, not the stuff that's like sawdust almost). Change at least once a week, probably twice.

I use a combination of the pine pellets and a little Yesterday's News mixed in. For the pellets, you need less than you think you do. They expand and turn into sawdust when wet.

Thanks
Yesterdays news is in stores near us so it wont be hard to get.

Convenience is definitely a valid consideration! For us, we live out in the middle of nowhere... there's a feed store 8 miles away, and a Dollar General, but anything else is at least 20 miles away.

I want to add that the used pine pellets are a GREAT add in to gardens!! The soil where I am is very compact and clay based. Amending the soil with the bunny berries and the pine bedding has caused all my plants to go NUTS.

I've recently started adding a tiny bit of peat to the litter boxes. I was told that might not be a good idea, due to the potential dust, but the pellets turn into sawdust, which is dusty anyway and the peat is slightly moist, not dusty. So, I'm waiting to see how that works out.

My dutch doe, previously very good about her litter box, has started digging everything out of it, but then she's likely pregnant now. I had to remover her litter box completely. She was making a terrible mess. :roll:

the pine pellets will be good for my future bunny and our garden. that is good.
:bunnyhop:

Back