rabbit chasing rabbit in cage - help!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyn919

Reaction score
HI, i have 2 sisters, about 3mths old now. when they were at my fren's hse temporarily at the beginning, they were fine with each other, other the 2nd day tat they came to my hse, they fought, or rather 1 was bullying the other and i found tufts of hair with the bullied sitting at a corner most of the time. i separated them for about a week where they could see and sniff each other. just yesterday i let them out i the playpen and i put them back into the cage with the divider removed. the bully has been chasing the other one around every 2-3hrs. y is that so? can i not separate them? nid help!

Time for each of your Does to have their own cage!
Rabbits especially Does can become extremely territorial.
Leavingf them together in the same cage could lead to
a bloody battle and perhaps DEATH of one or both rabbits.
I would separate them NOW!
Dennis, C.V.R.

girls can be funny. Some will be fine together for ages, and others hit about 3-4 months and you need to separate them. I keep them together as long as I can but as soon as I see chasing I divide up someone. I don't want them hurting each other.

I agree with the others. You need to separate them and give each her own cage. Sometimes sisters can live together for quite a long time... Other times, one is too aggressive.

If you are having trouble catching them, throw a blanket or towel over one and then scoop it up. Or if it's really bad, use two towels. They need to be separated permanently right away.

Back