Rabbit Adobo

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mackay

Reaction score
The first time I ate rabbit was in 1972 when I was poverty stricken and determined to keep eating. I purchased frozen rabbit in a grocer on Long Island at about half the price of chicken! (compare to $9 a pound in Boise) I was won over right there. But after moving from there I never saw rabbit for offer again until I moved to the country. My neighbors raise rabbits and this is the recepie she offered me.. even my city slicker kids liked it!

Rabbit Adobo

Inspired by the Philippine national dish, this simple blend of garlic, vinegar and soy sauce gives rabbit or chicken a zingy boost. Traditional adobo recipes are enriched with coconut milk, and it is often made with pork. This is a lighter and simpler version.

Your favorite cooking oil
6 skinless bone in chicken thighs or one whole rabbit
cut into pieces
3 cloves garlic, I prefer 8
2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 tsp. whole black peppercorns
1 bay leaf

1. Heat oil and brown meat about 5 minutes on each side.
Take meat out and set aside

2. Add garlic to pan and sauté until soft, about 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients and stir to incorporate. Return meat to pan and c ook covered for 20 minutes

3. cook uncovered for another 20 minutes spooning sauce over meat until meat is glazed. Remove bay leaf before eating.

I used half cider vinegar and half balsamic vinegar
Bay leaf is not necessary, as I didn't have any and it was still good.
I didn’t like the whole peppercorns in the sauce when I put it on my rice. I had to pick them out and missed a couple :twisted:
I found that more vinegar and soy was ok to make more sauce

Add diced onions with the garlic, and diced zucchini in the last 20 minutes for an added twist.. Its a good way to use up some of those zuchs.

I saw the title and thought: "I knew they made Adobo with pepper, but I didn't know they had one with rabbit flavoring" then I opened the topic up and realized the discussion wasn't about Adobo seasonings... :slap:

I need more :coffee:

Latest posts

Back