Quote for 520-hole Flush-Kleen System from Bass

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbrologan

Reaction score
Just thought some of your might be interested in the quote I got for a Flush-Kleen System from Bass. The top part is their reply and quote, the bottom part is what I requested in the system. The total comes out to $47,025, which is rought $90 per hole. Sorry about all the topic-starting :p

Logan

Thanks for submitting your request for a Bass Flush Klein quote. Both Flush
Kleen systems are available in 5' increments and can be bought in either the
30" deep, single sided wall mount system or the 24" deep back to back, 48"
wide freestanding configuration. All Flush Klein cages are built with baby
saver side wire and 14ga. Galv-after floor wire. These systems are shipped
unassembled via motor freight and include cages, wash down trays, rack and
urine guards. Other items ordered along with the Flush Kleen systems will be
discounted but only added upon request.
Based on the information submitted below 13 25' two level freestanding
systems would likely be the best option. We try not to build these systems
over 30' long for ease of flushing and efficiency. These 13 units would give
you a total of 520 cages 30x24x16. Each 25' unit would be priced at $3425.
If you order all of them at once we would be able to discount them a little
more. The motor freight on the complete order would likely run around $2500
depending on the destination. Any accessories needed would have to added in,
feeders, water system, nest boxes, etc..

Thanks,
Bass Equipment Company
Monett, Mo.
800-798-0150
http://www.bassequipment.com

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2012 9:22 AM
Subject: 12/28/2012 7:22:46 AM: Request a"Flush-Kleen System" Quote

Name :
Email Address :
Phone number :
Fax Number :
Height of usable space : 15 ft
Width of usable space : 55 ft
Depth of usable space : 55 ft
Type of animal : Rabbit
Cage size : 30in width x 24in depth
Freestanding or Wallmount : Freestanding
Desired number of cages : 500
Notes :

Oopsie. At times, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box. :oops:

It's really just me scoping out my options. It does seem very expensive, and I don't know if I could get it elsewhere for cheaper, but it's one option at least. I've always been curious to know how much something like this would cost.

I was tempted to call you and try and freak you out to prove a point, but my long distance is only Canada wide, LOL.

Happens to the best of us. It's easy to feel comfortable enough here that you're like "whatever" when it comes to posting that kind of stuff.

LOL, that would have made my day. For future reference, pretend to be an animals rights activist. Those people scare the living daylights out of me.

I really didn't think anything of it. Thanks for noticing.

I couldn't pretend to be an animal rights activist, I'm not crazy enough. The best you'd get from me is shouting "DO YOU CLIP YOUR PET'S NAILS OFTEN!? DO YOU?!"

I was going to go with the old stand by of heavy breathing.

second hand is great as well, had a guy on CG selling a 30 hole from kw cages for $2000, tried talking the mrs. Into it, but with only 7 days till the wedding she said NO!!

No thanks, for that kind of money, I have no problem doing hard labor for the animals I love.

How many rabbits do you have and are you in the rabbitry business? I could see doing something like this if it would pay off in the long run. And by pay off I mean the dividends you get from actually selling rabbits, rabbit mean, kits or whatever actually at least = out to $47,025. But I'm with BH as far as if you get it post some pics. I'd love to see it.

I am considering entering the commercial rabbit business as a career. That will be years from now, however. Although, as many have said on this board and something I firmly believe, you can never start preparing too early.

At that size you would have to be your own processor. The sheer numbers of fryers from close to 500 does would warrant that. Transport for that many would eat all your profit. You need to get the buyer to come to you!That could even expand into some sort of retail outlet at the farm gate as well.You would also have to convince buyers that that many rabbits were still basically "organic" and well cared for as most would jump to the conclusion that its a so called "factory farm" and attach all sorts of things to that! Remember most people don't stop to think about things logically or in "individual" cases! Its a caseof "if this is one way then this is also true" sort of mentality.I know you are just scoping out the possibilities right now, but don't forget to look at the big picture as well!
I think that flush-Kleen system is a leader in the industry and does take a lot of labour out the rabbit care, so probably worth the money. It is hard to find used cages of that calibre, so that may be an indication on how well they are liked? OR... that they may not last? You would need to find growers that use that system as well as other growers that use different ways.

Please consider starting out a bit smaller. I am sure you could find plenty of restaurants in Seattle to buy your rabbit meat. But you can start out smaller and work up to that. Say you start with 50 holes and then expand a few cages at a time off of profits. It will save you on initial start up expense. I buy new cages from the money from selling kits to house those in the litter that I intend to keep.

I have no intention of ever starting out this big nor do I even know for sure that I want to be in the commercial rabbit business. I wanted to make that clear. This was just something I was curious about. I'm not ordering this system, and I likely won't be able to afford for MANY years to come.

Anyways, Lauren, I was considering having my own processing plant, but I'm not entirely sure what that entails either. I've already got so much to learn about a commercial rabbitry. A processing plant would certainly add more to my load.

Logan, I highly recommend that you talk to our member, Grumpy. He's not grumpy at all and I'd sure he would be happy to share his expertise with you. Go to Members in the menu bar to find him and then view his posts. I am certain this would be beneficial to you and that he would be pleased to help you out. :)

bigbrologan":2mhdxhsa said:
Thanks, Maggie! I've noticed he seems to have a lot of expertise in this area, but I didn't want to seem intrusive by asking him anything.

I doubt anybody on this forum would mind anybody asking them anything pertaining to rabbits. not to many of us joined the forum to be anti-social!! :lol:

MaggieJ":1abalu66 said:
Logan, I highly recommend that you talk to our member, Grumpy. He's not grumpy at all and I'd sure he would be happy to share his expertise with you. Go to Members in the menu bar to find him and then view his posts. I am certain this would be beneficial to you and that he would be pleased to help you out. :)

:D
grumpy

Back