• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rabbit Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

QUICK! Black angora scarf?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss M

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, my niece's birthday is Sunday, and I found out she'd like a black scarf. Has anybody knitted one from some black angora wool?

I probably can't afford one, but I just thought I'd try... :oops:

I think you better get out your knitting needles and get some black yarn... I know a girl who knits hats (and probably scarves) from her angora yarn, and the hats are about $75 each. :x

I want one so-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o bad. They are absolutely stunning.

you might be able to felt it rather than knit it. I think it would be faster...

MamaSheepdog":2ze12mwe said:
I think you better get out your knitting needles and get some black yarn...
Celice":2ze12mwe said:
you might be able to felt it rather than knit it. I think it would be faster...
If I had some time, I might try these things, but I wouldn't want to take a chance with my time constraints!

That's about what I expected, price-wise, though.

I went ahead and looked on eBay, Vinted, and Etsy.

There's a $33 circle scarf on Vinted, the ones on Etsy get more expensive than that before I find ones I would get for her, but I found this on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-WOOL-AND-AN ... 1410073976

Angora and wool blend, $10 including shipping. I can squeeze that into my budget, and hopefully pay a little more to upgrade shipping to Priority... so it should be here by Saturday. I have contacted the seller. :)

That's what I thought! :p All I can figure is they're a department store dump of last year's stock, and this lady got hold of them for a song.

I appreciate it, but I won't pretend I still remember how to knit! :lol:

I'd love to really learn it someday, though. I was wondering if there was such a thing as black angora yarn... all the black angoras I've seen have had seemingly grey wool.

"Lace weight"? As in... it's so fine you could make lace out of it? Wow!

Lace weight angoras is king of my thing. Angora is so insulating that to wear it here in So CO you'd melt if you didn't do some kind of lace pattern with ventilation holes in it!!

Give her a few balls of black wool, needles and a lesson. Or...I use those Knifty Knitters because I stink at knitting. They are a great gift!

Teach a girl to fish....

Schipperkesue":1o2bxyqw said:
Give her a few balls of black wool, needles and a lesson. Or...I use those Knifty Knitters because I stink at knitting. They are a great gift!

Teach a girl to fish....
I'll have to look into Knifty Knitters... I've never heard of those.

I've already talked to the seller of that scarf, though, and purchased it. She agreed to upgrade my postage for just a few dollars more, and get it out as soon as I had paid for it.

My husband is between jobs right now, so... I don't have enough to buy wool and needles. I don't have enough to buy an angora scarf, either... it was sort-of an impulsive post. Hmm... she wants a black scarf. Ooooo... black angora scarf, wouldn't she love that! I know, I'll post on RT! :p

Then I realized that a fair price for a handmade scarf was way more than I could do right now, so I started looking on eBay and such, hoping to find a closeout in my price range, but not expecting to. But I did! :D

PSFAngoras":1o2bxyqw said:
Lace weight angoras is king of my thing. Angora is so insulating that to wear it here in So CO you'd melt if you didn't do some kind of lace pattern with ventilation holes in it!!
Oh my, I have heard about the insulating properties of angora. And here I am buying an angora and wool scarf for a girl in southern Louisiana. But the cold here, while technically not that cold, can be truly biting because of the humidity. I found the cold in northwestern New York easier to deal with than the cold down here! Even my aunt, who has lived in Alaska for years and years, finds the cold down here harder than the cold there, because it's so dry. So maybe it'll be just what she needs. :)

I blended wool from my black angora with black silk for a knitted scarf for my dad this Christmas. The blend resulted in a beautiful color mix. Something to think about for future yarn projects.

LBMBarbalooski":niwhi7o5 said:
I blended wool from my black angora with black silk for a knitted scarf for my dad this Christmas. The blend resulted in a beautiful color mix. Something to think about for future yarn projects.
Oh, that sounds gorgeous and very soft! :)

I bought the angora/wool squiggle scarf. Unfortunately, the USPS took forever to get a Priority package here, so I just sent it to my niece yesterday. I printed off a picture of the scarf, and she loves it! She can't wait for it to get to her. :D

Back