Is she close to being ready *Virgin doe*

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
So Mootah is a black buck I have {He's the one who injured his back} its been about 2 or 3 months since and he has grown since the injury.
Is it safe to breed him? Could it hurt him ifi did breed him?

The other buck in question is Coffee he's Mootahs brother, just brown, I tried breeding him to mdoe Butterball and all the good lifting, falling off stuff happened, but she don't appear pregnant, is a 9 month old Buck to young to breed?

So, I didn't want to make a whole new post for her, but my lilac does vagina is a bit darker pink, but its not very dark, I was curious if first timers like herself didn't get as dark? Because I looked at a different doe who has had two litters before and hers is dark purple. (I'll try to get a picture of both tomorrow if I can)

Did Mootah make a full recovery? And if so, how much time has passed since he recovered? If he were mine, I would not consider breeding him unless there has been absolutely no sign of the injury for at least a month.

My experience is all with meat mutts, but at nine months I think he certainly should be ready. Have you taken a look to make sure his testicles have dropped?

When did you breed him to your doe? Many does show no sign of pregnancy even if they are palpated and yet go on to kindle anyhow. So be sure to give her a nest box on Day 28, even if you don't think she is pregnant.

Hes made a full recovery and has even been moved inti a hutch outside because he started getting stressed out while inside and was pulling his fur out, sine being put back out he's been very happy and hoppy, and still loves his daddy more than me XD... I gave Butterball a nest box yesterday and she's made a nice nest, I figure if she dont kindle I'll separate as much hay as possible from the fur and save the fur.. I really hope she took because i believe her and Coffee will make beautiful babies... I'll probably wait another month before I breed Mootah, just to make sure he's for sure good.

She wants babies so much whether pregnant or not she'll build a nest lol... I'm very happy he made a full recovery as well. And fingers still crossed for babies

Latest posts

Back