put down T2....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cereshill

Reaction score
After a week of running downhill, I decided to put her down. She has refused food adn water for two days. I didn't want her to suffer (more) and felt it best; I had her nurse her litter from last Friday one last time, held her adn thanked her for her service and motherhood. The end was quick and I ask her forgiveness... Her litter of 13 is down to 8. 3 dead at birth and one starveout. The rest seem in good spirits. She and her sister who were caged side by side are together again.
I should note that T2 went down quickly after her sister died---THEY KNOW more than we think...

I will do my best to foster the two litters: Ms Tenino's are nearing three weeks and almost out and about--I may get them some oats and hay in the am. I have two does due this week, so they may be getting some foster kits. The smallest may be culled to make this work.

I received a helpful message from currycomb===many thanks for the encouraging words. This has been awful.
Tally: two weanlings, one junior doe and three momma does.

So sorry you had to put her down. It's always a tough call, even when you know it's the best you can do for an animal. I hope you get to the bottom of the problem that caused all these losses.

So sorry you had to make that decision CH. It seems that when it rains it pours. You've had a pretty tough run with the buns lately, so I really hope the fostering goes well. :(

yes--its really rough. After exchanging some emails, I am not sure I can pinpoint any cause. The only consistantcy has been that the does all had litters (of various ages). None were first time and none were younger than a year... All were 13-24 months.

That sucks. I've been there with birds. I got hit with a virus and over the space of 3 months lost about 50 birds. It was devastating, but I got through it and you will too. Hang in there.

Back